Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troubles with the CaptionFont and theTabFont

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Troubles with the CaptionFont and theTabFont
    Posted: 05 January 2008 at 9:57am

I have troubles getting the font properties of the DockingPanePaintManager or the TabPaintManager to work.

When I use them from Visual DataFlex the font is not set but even worse any COM message after setting the font results in weird behavior. For example the dispatch ID that needs to be returned from CreatePane returns TRUE instead of a dispatch id.

So I tried the VB.NET MDISample to see what is happening there and the following code inserted before "Uncomment to Test it" has no effect on the results.

Dim TextFont As stdole.StdFont
TextFont = New stdlole.StdFont
TextFont.Name = "Lucida Handwriting Italic"
TextFont.Size = 15
TextFont.Bold = True
MDIDockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font = TextFont
MDIDockingPaneManager.PanelPaintManager.Font = TextFont

I've also tried other less exotric font names like "Verdana"

I am using the 11.2.1 version.

What could be wrong?
Kind Regards,
Vincent Oorsprong
Data Access Europe B.V.
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
Netherlands
+31-74-2555609
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 3:05am
Hi,

You have to call DockingPaneManager.RedrawPanes before the changes take effect.
VDF1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 4:33am
Hi Aaron,

Did that but no luck, no change.

Related question; is it possible to have a different font for the captionbars and the tabbutton labels? There are two properties; one for the captionbar and one for the button label.

Kind Regards,
Vincent Oorsprong
Data Access Europe B.V.
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
Netherlands
+31-74-2555609
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 5:14am

Vincent,

You have to SET the font variable (like Set dockingPaneFont = Item.value) where Item.value is the variable of StdFont (in your case TextFont)

This is what I do for Pane Caption:

Case "Pane font"
            Dim dockingPaneFont As StdFont
            Set dockingPaneFont = Item.value(this is the value of a PropertyGridItem (FONT)
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont = dockingPaneFont.Name
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont.Size = dockingPaneFont.Size
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont.Bold = dockingPaneFont.Bold
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont.Italic = dockingPaneFont.Italic
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.PaintManager.CaptionFont.Underline = dockingPaneFont.Underline
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.RedrawPanes
and for the Pane Tabs

Case "Pane tab font"
            Dim dockingPaneTabs As StdFont
            Set dockingPaneTabs = Item.value
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font = dockingPaneTabs.Name
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font.Size = dockingPaneTabs.Size
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font.Bold = dockingPaneTabs.Bold
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font.Italic = dockingPaneTabs.Italic
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.TabPaintManager.Font.Underline = dockingPaneTabs.Underline
            frmMain.DockingPaneManager.RedrawPanes

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic