Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtreme SyntaxEdit supports wordwrapping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joggx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtreme SyntaxEdit supports wordwrapping?
    Posted: 13 December 2007 at 11:17pm
Does Xtreme SyntaxEdit support wordwrapping? I cant find relevant info the documentation.
AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 10:38am
In the current version wordwrapping supported for printing only.
On-screen word wrap feature will be implemented in the next version.
joggx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joggx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 9:16pm
when will the next version with this feature available?

btw, does the Xtreme toolkit include SyntaxEdit? Or I have to purchase separately.

Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 12:19pm
It is included with ToolkitPro. However, my advice is to WAIT or use Scintilla. Current syntax edit is UNUSABLE because it is painfully slow.
joggx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joggx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 10:32pm
I load a huge file (30M) and loading is pretty fast. How did you find it slow?
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 11:41am
Read the remaining posts in this subforum and you will easily find out what is slow. CJ actually confirmed that.
Creation of the control is very slow (slower than launching MS Word), especially if the lexer definition file contains few hundred of keywords.
 By comparison creation of scintilla window takes less than 1/100 of the time required by CJ syntaxedit.

Loading is fast only on the surface. If you look at the parsing times the file is parsed very slow but it is done in separate thread.
Monthy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 8:33pm
Any news on this?

I can't figure out how or which method to call in order to activate word wrapping in syntaxedit control? (I'm Using 13.x release of codejock)

Regards
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 2:02pm
Sadly three years after the original message was posted and it's STILL not in the "next" release. I'm using 13.4 and it's not there. Can someone from Codejock comment if it'll be part of the next release after 13.4 or when it will be added?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic