Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compile Error v11.2.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compile Error v11.2.1
    Posted: 28 November 2007 at 9:52pm
I am getting a compile error (ANSI Debug) with v11.2.1:

XTPToolTipContext.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\comdef.h(336) : error C2367: 'IHTMLControlElement' : redefinition; different uuid specifiers
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\mshtml.h(16768) : see declaration of 'IHTMLControlElement'

XTPToolTipContext.cpp includes <mshtml.h> and a few other files include <comdef.h>:

earching for 'comdef.h'...
C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v11.2.1\Source\Calendar\XTPCalendarADO.h(36):#include <comdef.h>
C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v11.2.1\Source\Common\XTPRegExp.h(40):#include <comdef.h>
C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\Xtreme ToolkitPro v11.2.1\Source\Common\XTPXMLHelpers.h(45):#include <comdef.h>
3 occurrence(s) have been found.

Looks like a clash, but I'm not sure how to fix it...haven't seen anyone else reporting this, so perhaps I need something?
Tim H(http://www.ExclamationSoft.com)
Product: Xtreme Toolkit v13.1
Platform: Vista(x64)-SP1
Language: Visual C++ 6.0
Currently: Satisfied w/ Toolkit
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 1:08am
Hello,

Please add in beginning of XTPTooltipContext.cpp

#define _XTP_EXCLUDE_HTML

What SDK version do you have ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 12:11pm
I have the February 2003 SDK installed.

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 1:08am
Hello,

Problem that mshtml.h is included from VC folder but comdef.h from SDK - so think you have wrong order of Included folders. try to move SDK at the bottom of list.

For 11.2.2 to prevent such problem we will remove comdef.h dependance from XTPTooltipContext.cpp
Oleg, Support Team
thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 8:35am

As suggested, I moved the directory to the bottom of the list and now I get a different compile error:

XTPDrawHelpers.cpp
c:\program files\codejock software\mfc\xtreme toolkitpro v11.2.1\source\common\xtpvc50helpers.h(675) : error C2660: 'VarCmp' : function does not take 4 parameters

This occurs in every file that references VarCmp.

Looking at the source for OleAuto.h, there are two declarations:

// dwFlags passed to CompareString if a string compare
STDAPI VarCmp(LPVARIANT pvarLeft, LPVARIANT pvarRight, LCID lcid, ULONG dwFlags);
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C++" {
// Add wrapper for old ATL headers to call
__inline
HRESULT
STDAPICALLTYPE
VarCmp(LPVARIANT pvarLeft, LPVARIANT pvarRight, LCID lcid) {
    return VarCmp(pvarLeft, pvarRight, lcid, 0);
}
} // extern "C++"
#endif

It would appear that the declaration is being used during compile. 

Any suggestions?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 1:31pm
Hi,
May be you recently reinstalled Visual Studio and din't install sp5/6. Its old MS bug, but they fixed it in service pack...
Oleg, Support Team
thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2007 at 2:09pm
Oleg,

You found the problem - I didn't have SP6 installed.  Once I installed SP6, the libraries compliled without error in their intended form.

Thanks!
thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 4:13pm
Ok, let me ammend my post:

Once SP6 is installed, and I move the SDK include directory to the bottom of the list, I can compile the CodeJock Library; however, my code that uses the Codejock libarary now compiles with errors because any clashing includes, e.g. something is mutually defined in the VC includes and the SDK includes.

Not sure if other people have experienced this and if there is a generally good order for the directory includes.

My current workaround is to move the SDK include dir to the bottom and compile the Codejock libarary.  Then, I move the SDK include back to the top for my own app that uses the Codejock Libarary.  I'm weary of doing this for the fear that some weird stuff will happen in my app.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 1:09am
Tim,  for 11.2.2 we removed comdef.h dependance from XTPTooltipContext.cpp. It will compile fine.
Oleg, Support Team
llama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2009 at 9:25am
Hello could someone help me install SP5/6 for vs6 ?
Whenever I run setupsp5/6.exe I get an error:

Caption:     '16-bit Windows-sharesystem'
Error:         'X#=0D, CS=00C7 IP=00002725. NTVDM CPU has found an exception it cannot handle.'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
i found the same problem here, but no answer:
http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=10264.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic