Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reversed event layout positions vs Outlook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reversed event layout positions vs Outlook
    Posted: 26 November 2007 at 3:06pm

I have been working with the Xtreme CalendarPro for over a year and  I am very happy with it.  It looks great and I can usually get it to do what I want.

I am currently having a problem with changing the order of events in the calendar.  The calendar does not layout events in the same order as they are shown in MS Outlook and I want to make it behave this way.  For example, if two events start at the same time and one is longer, then the longer one should be on the left, and the shorter event should be on the right.  I was able to swap the positions of the events by calling SetEventPlacePos(), but some problems still linger: 1) when adding a new event by typing (aka. in-place create event) the new event is not repositioned until I press enter;  2) events that span two days but not a full day are not layed-out properly.

Perhaps there is an easier (built-in?) way to change the behavior of the layout of events?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
joshma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 6:29pm
Can someone please help with this issue so that I can implement this support?
joshma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 1:08pm
Hi Sergey, I used your fix below and it worked perfectly! Thanks for your assistance.

--------------------------------------------------
method CXTPCalendarEvents::CompareEvents_ForView(...

nCmp = XTPCompare((*ppEv1)->GetDurationMinutes(), (*ppEv2)->GetDurationMinutes());

if (nCmp)

{

return -nCmp; // NOTE negation sign there

}

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 1:23pm
Glad to hear that

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic