Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ReportControl to MS Excel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ReportControl to MS Excel
    Posted: 15 November 2007 at 3:32pm
Are there any easy ways to export the contents of a ReportControl to Excel? 
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 2:24pm
As far as I know, you need a Microsoft Office license. Besides that, it is very easy. Simply link to their OCX and click'n'play!
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 5:32pm
a) as a user: use copy/paste: a user can copy rows and insert them into Excel which will be recognized by him;

b) as a developer: use exporting to CSV format recognized by Excel. Whether iterate rows/records in your own way or use DoPropExchange method.

--
WBR,
Serge
BoboP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoboP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 1:03am
Hello !

Could you elaborate more on exporting list to excel sheet . I am quite new to code jock controls. And I need to give functionality to user on button click .

Do  I need to go by usual method of creating excel object and then iterating though records. Or report control has made it more easier .

Thanks in advance,
Bobo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic