Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTTrayIcon: How to add dynamic menus ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTTrayIcon: How to add dynamic menus ?
    Posted: 03 July 2003 at 9:43am

I have an app similar to the TrayIconDlg-sample. I understand how I add static (ie. predefined) menus as a resource ID during the CXTTrayIcon::Create() method. But what if I want to change the menu during runtime ? I have tried several tricks in order to get to the menu - but without luck so far. Has anybody got any pointers on this topic ?

Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2003 at 11:48am

Update! I think I'm on the track to something! By looking at how CXTTrayIcon::OnTrayNotfification() was constructed, I was able to understand (!) that I could create a message handler for the TIN_XT_TRAYICON message myself. This has now been done, and I'll try to see if I can construct the menu myself .... But, still, input are gladly accepted!

Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
rvoith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvoith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2003 at 11:58am

Yihaa  

It worked! My code is now very similar to the CXTTrayIcon!

Best regards,
Bob
Proud Programmer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic