Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pane width/resize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwhang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pane width/resize
    Posted: 17 June 2004 at 1:42pm

Is there any way of reading a specific pane's width?

I have a toolbar directly connected to a pane and it doesn't resize with the pane.

Thanks

Peter

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2004 at 2:36pm
The toolbar should automatically resize with the pane.  Can you post a sample project or code that illustrates your problem.   I am assuming that you have a form with a CommandBars control that is being attached to the pane.
pwhang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwhang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2004 at 2:40pm

Actually I was using a cool bar directly referenced by a pane.  I have since changed the handle to a form handle and am passing events to the MDI form through a public sub.

Thanks

cory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 10:29am

Is possible to changing a docking pane size width or height from code?

Thanks

Woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 8:40am
I'm interested in this too - changing a docking pane size width or height from code. And how to fix a single Panes' width and stop user resizing width with splitter.

Any help appreciated.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2004 at 9:55am
In the next release you will have the ability to set an minimum and maximum width\height.  By setting the minimum and maximum to the same value, you would be able to stop the user from resizing the pane.  This feature is nice when you want to float a pane.  By changing the minimum and maximum setting you would be able to resize a pane by code.  For example, you have a pane that you read its width and height to be 100x100, you want to make it 200x200, you would change the minimum size to 200x200 and the pane will resize.  The only drawback is you can't resize it any smaller that 200x200.  So this isn't a total solution, but it is a step in the right direction.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 7:55am

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

you have a pane that you read its width and height to be 100x100, you want to make it 200x200, you would change the minimum size to 200x200 and the pane will resize.  The only drawback is you can't resize it any smaller that 200x200.

Wouldn't you be able to set the minimum to 200x200 to force the resize and then, after the resize is complete, remove the size restrictions to allow resizing of the pane again?  Just a thought.  I look forward to this feature in the new release.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 8:05am
I tried that, but as soon as you set the min size it will get resized.  This only seems to happen when setting the min size, I can change the max size without it resizing.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 11:45pm

Right, Boyd. It will be ability to do it.

Code for future:

Set A = DockingPaneManager.FindPane(1)

A.MinTrackSize.SetSize 50, 50
    A.MaxTrackSize.SetSize 50, 50

DockingPaneManager.RecalcLayout
    DockingPaneManager.NormalizeSplitters

A.MinTrackSize.SetSize 0, 0
    A.MaxTrackSize.SetSize 32000, 32000

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
cory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 3:47am

in that way I can know if has been made a resize of the panel by user when panel is pinned?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic