Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

filtertext in treeview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: filtertext in treeview
    Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:42am
I need to use filtertext on all the records (including childs), expanded or not, of a reportcontrol. Filtertex seem to be working only on first level parents. Any ideas?
Thanks
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 6:16pm
Which version do you use?

I believe this has been fixed in last versions...

--
WBR,
Serge
Y216 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 7:27am
V.11.2.0

I'll get around it by running the search on a flat view of the same data.
Thanks.
Fossil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 11:56am
Confirming that is does NOT work in v11.2  and it certainly would be a huge benefit to us to have that function.
fjosesen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjosesen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 6:58am
Hi sserge,

I confirm that it doesn't work on v12.0. Are you planning to fix it in 12.0.1?

Regards,

fjsen
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 2:37am
Hi,

When changing filtertext you have to call wndReportControl.Populate afterwards.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
fjosesen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjosesen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 7:43am
Hi,

Yes. I'm calling Populate afterwards. I suppose you have a piece of code where it works, haven't you? If so, can you post it?

Regards.
Fossil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 8:06am
I call populate as well after setting the filter text.

My best guess is that the control just does not filter through child records just like it does not filter grouped rows (groupcaption).  The solution would be to write a custom procedure that loops through all the records and columns within that record and sets the visible property true or false for the record.  Unless of course Codejock adds the functionality into the control which would be ideal.

I have not gotten around to writing the procedure but if I do I will post it.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:43am
Hi,

I can't believe you (and other members in this post) are right about this, please upload a sample which doesn't work (according to you). I don't have much time right now, but I surely get back on this. 

Fossil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:59am
See the attached image.  You will notice a child record with the name containing "Elaine" (upper graphic).  When starting to type in the filter text (lower graphic) you will notice it does not pick up a match.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 12.0.2
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:27pm
Hi,

Images don't say anything... If I would say Santa Claus really exists would you believe me? Upload a sample of your project, at least that part of the image you uploaded.

I have filtering in my RC and I never seen what you have. Grouprows will be excluded from filtering thats correct, I believe that's useless when filtering on items which be will expanded anyway.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 2:07am
Hi,

I did a test myself and found that (that's why I asked you guys to upload a sample) when the string of reportitem isn't divided into seperate strings like in @Fossil's image: Holecek,<space>Elain    filtering doesn't work as should. If the text is one string the filtering would be correct and even with GroupCaptions filtering will be applied (as I thought this wasn't the case)

I think CJ needs to explain this behaviour, I will add this to my issues as well if you guys dont mind

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 6:02am
Originally posted by fjosesen fjosesen wrote:

Hi,

Yes. I'm calling Populate afterwards. I suppose you have a piece of code where it works, haven't you? If so, can you post it?

Regards.

Hi,

It's not that hard to filter records and even on a column:

Private Function FilterRecordsInColumn(currentSelCol As Integer,strText as String)
    Dim record As ReportRecord

For Each record In wndReportControl.Records
        record.Visible = True
        If Not UCase(record(currentSelCol).Value) Like "*" & UCase(strText) & "*" Then
            record.Visible = False
        End If
    Next record

wndReportControl.Populate
End Function

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

Hi,

I did a test myself and found that (that's why I asked you guys to upload a sample) when the string of reportitem isn't divided into seperate strings like in @Fossil's image: Holecek,<space>Elain    filtering doesn't work as should. If the text is one string the filtering would be correct and even with GroupCaptions filtering will be applied (as I thought this wasn't the case)

I think CJ needs to explain this behaviour, I will add this to my issues as well if you guys dont mind

It should work like Outlook 2003 if Outlook supports this feature.  I don't use Outlook, so I can't test this at the moment.  Maybe someone who has this installed can test Aaron's data?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

Hi,

I was wrong with the above. I added the records as far I could see in the image and filter works correct.

To the members who say it doesn't UPLOAD a sample otherwise this post ends here (at least for me). You are the ones with a so called problem, not me.

fjosesen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjosesen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 3:41am
Hi,

I've seen than when you're in hierarchical mode, if a parent record doesn't fit the filter text, no children are shown. I will try to perform a custom record hide/show. I will report you the results.

Regards.
Fossil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:59am
Ok.  Here is a sample that proves it does not work.  If you type the letter K into the textbox you will notice the report control will become empty, where it should keep 1 row.uploads/20080708_095728_Project1.zip
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 12.0.2
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:32pm
Hi,

Ok, you convinced me

Now I know what you mean by childs, I thought you ment childs when dragged to groupbox. Ok now I know for sure that this isn't working as should. I will add this to my collection of issues if you don't mind.

Thanks

AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 3:25pm
Will be fixed in 12.0.2.
The new property RecordsTreeFilterMode will be added to allow you control filter behaviour for children records.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic