Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

excessive updates causing flashing issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: excessive updates causing flashing issues
    Posted: 17 September 2007 at 11:23am
I posted this eariler but got no reply so I thought I'd try again since we have a big demo coming up to showcase what codejock has gotten us. Unfortunately the code mentioned below is causing the demo to look pretty bad and we need some sort of response on what is going on
. In particular, is it a bug or not. If not, why is the entire display being updated when a hot item changes. At this point, we are about to simply start commenting out code because the effects of constantly updating the entire window makes the demo look really really bad.

I am actually experiencing a number of issues with flickering/flashing windows. For the task panel, I have tracked the problem to CXTPTaskPanel::SetHotItem. When the hot item changes, the method makes this call that invalidates the entire client area:

Invalidate(FALSE);

Likewise I have the same issue with XTPPopupControl. When the HitTest call returns an item, CXTPPopupControl calls RedrawControl and RedrawControl does an Invalidate(FALSE).

What is the reason for invalidating the entire window? Can I simply comment the code out with no ill side-effects?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic