Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can we prevent skinning of one child form?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielWilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can we prevent skinning of one child form?
    Posted: 11 September 2007 at 2:26pm
In our VB6 application, we apply skin to the MDI form.  But one of our forms has a control that doesn't get along with the skin. (On program close, it crashes with an access violation.)

So ... can we do something to that one child form to prevent the skin's application?

Thanks.

Daniel Wilson
Software Craftsman in Northern Indiana
http://BlackLocustSoftware.com
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 5:37am
Hello,

Try call SkinFramework.RemoveWindow(hwnd). where hwnd is handle of your control.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 6:54am

Hi Oleg,

I saw your reply to this post. I use most of your controls for my work but I also use the SGrid control by Steve McMahon @ VBAccelerator. http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/Controls/S_Grid_2/index.asp

For varying reasons I should like to keep this control. However, when I remove the modally called form from being skinned the grid is still being affected. If I do SkinFramework.RemoveWindow vbalGrid1.hwnd it is still being affected. The main problem is the scroll bar which behaves oddly when the Skin control is in use. Remove the call to skin the application and you can scroll the grid quite happily even though the skin control is loaded in the project. Am I doing something wrong ?

Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
strider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 12:36pm
I have also experienced this issue.

I have a form that I cannot use the skinnning because of the issues with menus.  When I remove the skin from the window, the control on the form is not "reverting" back to the correct colors.  
ActiveX 13.2.1

Strider
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:05pm
Hi,
Add our CommandBars for this form.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Boris Boris wrote:

Hi Oleg,

I saw your reply to this post. I use most of your controls for my work but I also use the SGrid control by Steve McMahon @ VBAccelerator. http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/VB/Code/Controls/S_Grid_2/index.asp

For varying reasons I should like to keep this control. However, when I remove the modally called form from being skinned the grid is still being affected. If I do SkinFramework.RemoveWindow vbalGrid1.hwnd it is still being affected. The main problem is the scroll bar which behaves oddly when the Skin control is in use. Remove the call to skin the application and you can scroll the grid quite happily even though the skin control is loaded in the project. Am I doing something wrong ?

Hi,

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
strider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:58pm

I have a 3rd party control that has it's own menus.  When the skinning is turned on, their dynamic menus don't show up.  When I try to use the command bars control, then the form gets the menu clicks instead of the 3rd party control.  There are no codable options to take care of all the menu items in the control. 

I do use the command bars control in several other forms and it works great!  It is just this one that I don't have control of the menus that is a problem.
ActiveX 13.2.1

Strider
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 2:58pm
Not quite sure why you posted this. This was my post anyway and you will also notice I replied to Oleg stating 'Brilliant'... or am I missing something ???
Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
strider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 3:05pm
Sorry, I guess I should have started a new post.
ActiveX 13.2.1

Strider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic