Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ribbon Bar & Docking Pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ribbon Bar & Docking Pane
    Posted: 31 August 2007 at 6:23pm
I am having some issues and curious if anyone else has ran into it. If you use the ribbon bar (MDI form) and try to show another form that has docking panes on it the form will never load. However if i load just that form it works fine. It gives activex exceptions all the time and the docking will never work. It works inside the main mdi form however but I need docking on the form itself. This only happens where the MDI parent uses the ribbon control.

I have the latest eval version.
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 6:23pm
I mean to say i need the docking forms on the MDI child form. Not the parent form.
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 9:57am
Sorry to bump a thread, but curious if there is any solutions to this? I need to build an example/proof for management and would like to use the codejock controls to do so. The app requires that the mdi child forms allow docking on them, not the mdi parent due to the nature of our systems.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 2:11am
Hi,
MDI Child can be hosted in MDI parent only. You can attach to DockingPanes some simple form.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 2:20pm
The MDI child is inside the parent, that's where the issue pops up. If i let them be outside of that there are no issues, but once i set the parent on the forum and try to init the panels on that form itself it will generate an activex error. Ill write up an example to see if it is something i am doing.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 3:29am
I just wrote that its true... You can't attach MDI child to DockingPanes because it must be child window of MDI container.
Oleg, Support Team
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 12:23pm
Is there any work around? All i need is to have the docking panels dock onto the mdi child form not the mdi parent.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 1:30am
Hi,
Sorry I didn't understand right. I thought you need attach MDI child to DockingPane.

but afraif I can't reproduce your problem now. I opened MDI Ribbon Sample, added DockingPane to frmDocument and all work fine.

Can you try reproduce it with our sample and attach modified project here.
Oleg, Support Team
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 7:14pm
Here is an example project. I just added a pane control and tried to createpane, this is where it errors out with the activex problems. Just the control alone it works (cause nothing touches it). I could trap the errors but it would be kinda useless as i need the panels to show up.

Http://www.livecar.net/general/RibbonMDISample.rar

Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 7:15pm
It only seems to happen if the ribbonbar is used on the MDI parent. No where else does it have the problem.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 3:51am
Hi,

See how it can be done with MDI child:
Oleg, Support Team
Nutty101 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 11:25am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

See how it can be done with MDI child:

Cool, I never init'd the control. heh.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic