Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SkinFramework + CR XI = Crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkinFramework + CR XI = Crash
    Posted: 12 August 2007 at 8:29pm
Hi,

I am using
VB 6.0 SP6
Crystal Report XI
MySQL 5.0
Xtreme SkinFramework 11.1.2

The entire application will be working fine until the user try to close application.

Please note that this application will only crash on those machine without VB6.0, without Crystal Report XI, Codejock installed but, with all the relevent DLL installed. (by using merge module from Crystal Report, copy codejock ocx to system32, and run regsvr32). In short, this only happened on those end user machine but not developer machine.

I tried to use SkinFramework 10.4.2 but seems like giving the same problem

Please find attached for the sample application

uploads/20070812_202627_TestCrash2.zip

Please advice.

Metodo_Sviluppo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 10:09am
Same problem here, with SkinFramework version 11.2.0

I've tried to use SkinFramework.RemoveWindow passing the hWnd of the form that hosts the Crystal Reports ActiveX viewer, but now the application crashes in developer machine too

I'll try to detect which dlls the application loads into memory in both situations (developer and end-user machine) hoping to find out if there are some dll missing from the user machine that needs to be present in order to avoid the crash.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 3:17pm
Hi,

try add SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule ("CRDB_ADOPLUS.DLL")
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 10:09am
If i use Excludemodule i have the same effect of using Removewindow (crash on developer machine too).

Anyway i've noticed that only some reports cause the application to crash, while other reports are correctly rendered and printed without any crash.
It seems that the crashes depends on the way the reports are created or the type of fields they contain. (of course without skinframework, all reports work and no crash occurs)

I'm investigating on the differences between a working report and a "faulty" one.
cybeh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2007 at 11:12am
Actually the problem came from unloading the framework.

I was manage to escape from that error by installing .NET 2.0 framework. But, according to the codejock, it does crash their system even with .NET 2.0 framework installed.

If you play around with the database (don't change the database connection in VB, just open the crystal report file), then, it won't reproduce the crash too.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 9:07am
My problem is different and isn't relative to .Net Framework (crdb_adoplus.dll isn't loaded at all during print preview). The crashes doesn't occur when i exit the application but occurs when i load and display the print preview form.
For some reports the preview displays correctly but with some other reports it crashes. (and the crashes occurs in both environments, Developer and End User machines)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 3:04am
Finally Solved!!

To avoid the crash (in both developer and End-User machines) simply turn off the option "Perform Query Asynchronously" from the Crystal Reports designer-->File-->Report Options (or via code, setting to False the EnableAsyncQuery property of the crystal reports object).

Don't ask me why or how this option influences the skinframework, but this was the only difference from a working report and a crashing one
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Metodo_Sviluppo Metodo_Sviluppo wrote:

To avoid the crash (in both developer and End-User machines) simply turn off the option "Perform Query Asynchronously"

Sounds like the queries are performed in a background thread, have you set SetAutoApplyNewThreads to false?

Codejock support
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 2:49am
No, didn't notice that property.
So i leaved it with its default value...
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:41pm
Did that solved your problems with the asynchronous queries?

Codejock support
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metodo_Sviluppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:45am
Yes, setting AutoApplyNewThreads to False seems to solve the problem without setting the EnableAsyncQuery in Crystal.

Thanks for the tip.
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2016 at 5:38am
Sorry to reactivate this thread, but I'm having a similar problem to this.

I've COM Interopped a Crystal v13 Control and on some machines (not mine!) it's causing a windows error in my VB6 application when showing reports with data on them. The error in the Event Viewer shows a fault in 'coe2b7~1.ocx' which is the Codejock OCX. After a bit of googling, it lead me to this thread.

The problem is that setting AutoApplyNewThreads to False doesn't resolve the problem on mine, and I have to go into the report to disable the Async' query option for it to work.

I'm a little unsure what else to try here! :| 
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic