Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My suggestion
    Posted: 07 July 2007 at 12:43am
Hello,

So many multilanguage issues in the forum!

A step by step procedure for creating  multilangauge supported application would be really helpfull.

Just my idea. Thanks.

Raver
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 12:19pm
I agree, however the problem is there are several competing thoughts on how to add multi-lingual support and how the Codejock toolkit is used (dll or static linked).  If using MFC, is it static linked?

Some of these questions depend upon what has to be supported.  For example, if you must support unicode on all systems (such as Windows 98/ME) then everything has to be static linked.

Should a base language be included in the executable and all other languages contained within resource (satelite) dll's, or should all languages be in resource (satelite) dll's and none in the .exe?  An application can have large resource requirements!

Will be translation itself be done from the .exe and or resource dll's or should the resource.rc be used.

A lot of assumtions is being made in the toolkit multi-language samples which I think is causing some of the confusion.

Most companies I am aware of in general use static linking of the toolkit and all language dependent stuff is put in resource dll's.  No language dependent stuff is in the .exe itself.  In the past, we have always translated from the resource.rc files.  However the author of appTranslator http://www.apptranslator.com  has almost convinced me it is best to translate from the .exe or resource dll's.

So I would also really like to see a step by step procedure, with consideration for the various competing methods.

shobits1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shobits1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 9:21am
It is good idea,

And I think it saves time and reduce question for all members.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic