Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skinframework with Commandbars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skinframework with Commandbars
    Posted: 15 June 2007 at 10:40am

Hi, I've submitted this question to support but haven't heard anything as of yet.

I had an application that was using commandbars and the ribbon and working beautifully written in VB.NET 2005. I then decided I was going to use the skinframework so message boxes, buttons, etc. all fitted in nicely with the look and feel of the application.

I am finding however that the form gets all messed up when I apply the skin, specifically if I set the applyoptions to skin the frame. I disable skinning the frame and it stops the form being messed up but the title is missing at the top of the form on the ribbon.

Is there something I'm missing? I've attempted to use removewindow/removewindowclass to stop it skinning the troublesome component (ribbon) but neither of these methods seems to actually do anything?

If I need to just disable frame skinning is there a way for me to get messages boxes skinned seperately perhaps?

And lastly, I'd like to be able to use the skinframework without needing a control put on the form. I'm not sure if this is possible though... I get error messages when I try.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 3:07pm
I like mathematics because it is not human and has nothing particular
to do with this planet or with the whole accidental universe — because,
like Spinoza's God, it won't love us in return.
ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2007 at 9:19pm
I have looked at your example project but I'm having issues integrating the ideas into my system which is on VB.NET.

Do you know exactly what method is being used to overcome the problem, is it a certain call or way of building/executing the code.

Thanks in advance for your help.
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2007 at 3:26pm
I don't currently have access to my dev machine, and there is a free Smoking Popes and The Walkmen show tonight (read: getting piss drunk)... but I'll convert this project to VB.NET for you on Monday.
ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:48am

Looking at your code I've finally worked out how to fix the issues with the messed up forms and have the application skin the message boxes correctly, etc.

The only issue I now see is that the caption of the main form doesn't show like it should? Are there any fixes or workarounds for this that you know of?
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 11:07am

Take a look at this VB.NET project and see if it has the solution to your problem.

uploads/20070618_110737_Office2007.zip

ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:29pm
Brilliant!

My eternal thanks for the VB.Net project, I've got mine now playing ball just like yours!

There's just that minor issue that still isn't addressed whereby the form title isn't "painted" correctly onto the form in the frame.

Before I used the skin framework the ribbonbar frame would have the form caption at the top, it no longer does this.

I've submitted a ticket but if anybody has any ideas please let me know
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 6:45pm
The only problem that I've had with the caption was when it didn't update after child forms were added to the MDI parent (which was fixed in 11.1.3).  Are you seeing something different than what I'm getting?

ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:12am
Yes, the project you sent me doesn't seem to skin the frame as the example you have sent and I can't get a caption to appear.

It seems to be using the Vista frames?

Here's a screenshot:

ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 10:37am
I've finally worked it out.

The commandbars enableframetheme() function doesn't work on Vista. I've even downloaded the sample applications from the web site and it doesn't skin it as per Office 2007.

I'll add this to my support ticket and see what they say.

Thanks for all your help, that screenshot is what helped
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 3:08pm
Hi,
Its not bug, Its feature :). In vista it have look like screenshot. try Word 2007.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ikaney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 7:23pm
You are correct! The skinning is correct on Vista, my mistake!

The only issue that remains is the form caption/title doesn't display on Vista on these ribbon bar forms.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic