Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

All bugs summarized

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All bugs summarized
    Posted: 07 May 2007 at 2:24am

It is obvious that there are a lot of shortcomings in this edit control. An updated version is *really* needed in order to compete with BCGEdit Pro or even the free Scintilla control. Let's make a list of features that ought to be fixed in the upcoming release!

Feature request
1) Adding keywords in run-time.
2) A tokenizer similar to the one found in Scintilla.
3) Highlighting of current line.

Bugs
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 4:59pm
Well, thanks a lot 

Will try to make it better.

--
WBR,
Serge
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:48pm
Dude, don't get me wrong
The control is absolutely superb except for these issues. Sorry if I made it sound harsh. It's just that it's a bit frustrating when you have a kickass-control at your hands that works like 98%.
ExtraLean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExtraLean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 7:58pm

Yes, this looks like a very solid control... I can't wait to try it out more.  It looks very promising!

Can someone from CodeJock (or anyone else?) tell me if there is a feature in this control that tells you which lines have been edited similar to Visual Studio 2005?  I'm not sure what to call this feature, but the lines that have been edited (since the file was last opened) show a yellow bar next to the left margin, and then when you save the document, it turns green.  This visual indicator is a great feature, IMO.

If this is not part of the current control, can this be done for the next release?  I bet it would be very easy to implement if it hasn't been implemented already!

Thanks!

ExtraLean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExtraLean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2007 at 8:08pm
By the way, is this forum an official place for support from CodeJock, or is it just a place for developers that use CodeJock to hang out?  I only ask because I'm new around here and the name "CodeJock Developer Community" just made me wonder.

Thanks.
ExtraLean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExtraLean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ExtraLean ExtraLean wrote:

Can someone from CodeJock (or anyone else?) tell me if there is a feature in this control that tells you which lines have been edited similar to Visual Studio 2005?  I'm not sure what to call this feature, but the lines that have been edited (since the file was last opened) show a yellow bar next to the left margin, and then when you save the document, it turns green.  This visual indicator is a great feature, IMO.

If this is not part of the current control, can this be done for the next release?  I bet it would be very easy to implement if it hasn't been implemented already!

Okay, so I get it that this forum is not for "official" support and that if you want an answer within 24-48 hours a support request should be made via the "proper" support channel.  However, does that mean that weeks should go by without even so much as a peep of a response to a completely valid question?  I've been patient.  Do I need to submit the same exact question via the support form?  Thanks.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2007 at 5:43pm
It is indeed the official support. Though, for urgent questions you can e-mail the developers directly. Also note that different developers have responsibility for different controls (I think). If the developer of the syntax edit control is on vacation, you won't get an answer any time soon.

You'd better ask in the main thread.
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 7:21am
I have an impression that only "core" Toolkit Pro is being actively developed. Syntax Edit is left without change for months and no on-going development seems to take place. So many bugs reported months ago and nothing is fixed.  
Codejock: FIX *ERRORS* FIRST *BEFORE* implementing new things.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 5:06pm
Hi Everyone!

First off, thanks for taking the time to provide us with suggestions and problem reports for the Syntax Editor, much appreciated. We have taken your suggestions very seriously, and are presently working on correcting many of the problems that have been reported.

The next release for the Syntax Editor is scheduled for v11.2.1 which will follow the 11.2.0 release which should be available sometime next week. We are planing on releasing 11.2.1 by the second week in September.

We appreciate your comments, and you should find the next release of the Syntax Editor better performing and more stable.

Regards,
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 10:07am
Thank you for the response. So 11.2.1 will be highly anticipated by all developers using  SyntaxEdit.
ExtraLean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExtraLean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by ExtraLean ExtraLean wrote:

Could this simple feature be added to 11.2.1?

Pretty Please

That would rock.
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 12:17pm
Now it is Friday of first week of September and there is no trace of 11.2.0.
So, can we still expect 11.2.1 in SECOND week of September as promised above?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic