Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slider control in CommonControls sample

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slider control in CommonControls sample
    Posted: 07 May 2004 at 6:54pm
In the CommonControls sample program, the slider control is colored green at the top of the slider, and the beginning and end tick marks are a faded gray. My app, which also has a slider control created in the same way, has a plain gray slider and darker tick marks. Any ideas on why the 2 are different? I've tried setting different themes, but with no luck.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2004 at 11:11am
Are you using manifest?
Joe Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 12:34pm
I don't know what a manifest is. Can you please explain, and tell me how to use it? I saw in the sample program that there was a manifest.xml file in the RES dir, but didn't know what it was for.
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 12:37pm

A manifest is a little piece of XML that tells XP's common controls to use the XP themes.  It has nothing to do with codejock or any of their products, so don't expect a lot of help with setting it up.  There is plenty of information to be found via google though.  There is a little bit of information at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/e n-us/xmlsdk/htm/sdk_dependencies_5wvi.asp as well.

Edited by Ark42
Joe Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 12:41pm
I did a copy/paste of the manifest references in the resource.h and .rc files into my app, and now it looks the same! Will read up on this manifest thing. Thanks for the quick help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic