Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommandBars problem with Cut/Copy/Paste

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommandBars problem with Cut/Copy/Paste
    Posted: 03 May 2004 at 4:38am
I have noticed than CommandBars "steal" the accelarator keys from every other control. This causes problems considering the following scenario:

I have a form with two text boxes and a command bar that has Cut, Copy and Paste buttons with Shift+Del, Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Ins accelerator keys respectivelly.

The problem is that I have to explicitly write code in the CommandBars Execute event handler for handing individually Cut/Copy/Paste for both textboxes.

Now consider the scenario where I have an MDI form with several MDI-child forms and each one has several text boxes and property grids... Handling Cut/Copy/Paste there is a nightmare.

Default Windows Menu behavior "manifesto" seems to kind-of-bubble the WM_CUT/COPY/PASTE message to the appropriate control.

What is the proposed way of overcomming this problem ?

FRANCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRANCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 3:03am

I having the same troubles. I think that should be need to have such possibility to exclude such key combinations from commandbar.execute event, so that our program can take the control on these keys.

paulhaggo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulhaggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2018 at 8:12am
i had the issue where i did not want the command bar to take control of the copy paste at all, which i fixed by using command bar editor and deleting all the Accelerators in the list (within designer), i assume this can be done via code also
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic