Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pane capabilities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pane capabilities
    Posted: 01 May 2004 at 1:01am

I can make the pane not dock on left or right, so it can only be on top and bottom...

Can I prevent the pane from being resized vertically? Both floating and docked I want it a fixed size, but when floating you can shrink it horizonally.

Can I have the pane drag around like a normal window instead of an outline?  The outline blends in too well with the MDI client background and you can't see the outline dragging.
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 12:51am

As far as I can tell, I can't make the pane have a size restriction without rewriting parts of the codejock source.  I tried subclasses and other methods but nothing worked. It looks like CXTPDockingPaneMiniWnd needs to be extended to catch WM_GETMINMAXINFO for when the window is floating and then also when docked the splitter needs to obey the same sizes or disable the splitter on a pane by pane basis if the min size = max size.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:52pm
I think maybe the feature added 9.51 might work for you.  Take a look at the PaneSample.  Run the application and select Docking Pane-> Min Max Sample from the menubar.  When the pane is floating you can specify that its min and max width be the same, thus it can not be resized.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic