Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPDockingPane activation notification?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
brianh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPDockingPane activation notification?
    Posted: 30 April 2004 at 8:47am

Hi,

I am currently evaluating Xtreme Toolkit Pro to see if it is suitable for our company.

I have a view which I have placed in a CXTPFrameWnd (so it can have a toolbar, ala the Advanced demo) and then attached the frame to a CXTPDockingPane.  When I click on the view it's OnActivateView() gets called correctly and the pane title highlights to indicate it is active.

If I click in the pane title of an inactive pane, it highlights correctly but OnActivateView() does not get called for the child view. Furthermore, when a pane/view is active and you click on a different pane, OnActivateView() does not get called to notify it of de-activation either, so basically you only get notified of activation if you click in the view and you never get notified of de-activation!

These problems also occur for views that are attached directly to the pane via AttachView().

My original problem was that I wanted to change the menu when certain panes were active, I have an MDI application and within each child frame I have several panes, some of which need toolbars and preferably their own menu.  I intended to swap the menu when the view (or preferably it's parent frame) was activated and swap it back when de-activated.

Can this be done and if so how?  In any case I'm sure some of my views will need to know when their parent pane is activated/de-activated, is this possible?

Edited by brianh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic