Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AttachToCalendar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AttachToCalendar
    Posted: 28 March 2007 at 5:26am
Hi

I have currently started using CodeJock software. I use it to interact with Progress 4gl programs.

I am currently creating a calendar which will be used in my Progress program as an ocx. I am using VB 6 to create the ocx's.

But i have come across a problem.

I have 2 programs one with the date picker and one with the calendar view only. These will be added in my Progress 4gl program and then attached in there when i make a call to Attachcalendar in the datepicker program by passing in the com-handle of the calendar to which it will attach to.

In my datepicker i have the procedure:

Public Sub AttachToCalendar(ByVal Calendar As Variant)
    DateSelection.AttachToCalendar Calendar

End Sub

I have to use a variant as the input parameter which is causing me problems as the i pass the com-handle into this variable.

When i create the controls is it better to have the controls in the same OCX?

any suggestions would be great

cheers

TJ
mbrogdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrogdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 11:11am

Hi tejsign,

I am doing exactly the same thing right now.  I am building a calendar app ocx with VB6 to be used in Openroad 4gl.  I think it will be much easier if you put the controls into the same ocx.  I do not think you can pass an externalobjectfield in 4gl to another frame.  I have include the calendar and a datepicker on the same usercontrol in VB6 as one usercontrol and only a datepicker on another usercontrol for standalone use in 4gl.

tejsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 11:22am
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Have you attached the datepicker and calendar in your Progress 4gl program?

Did you use a variant in the module defined within VB? (like i have showed in my post above

regards

Tj
mbrogdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrogdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 11:32am
tejsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 11:56am
Hi

Is the datepicker and calendar attached with progress or within the vb code.

tj
mbrogdon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrogdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 12:00pm
Hi tj,

Here is a link to download my project.  I hope it helps.

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic