Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking Toolbars Next To Each Other

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MScribano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking Toolbars Next To Each Other
    Posted: 21 April 2004 at 11:37am

How can allow toolbars to dock next to one another?  When moving a toolbar up to the menu bar, for example, the menu bar will jump down and vice versa.

Thanks.

-Mike
AliRafiee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AliRafiee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2004 at 3:06pm

You can use CXTPFrameWndBase::DockRightOf() Method.

Ali

Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 4:47pm

But it appears that you cannot dock a toolbar to the right of a CXTPCommandBar* pMenuBar.  Is that correct?  Say I have an animation toolbar.  I can dock that to the right of a toolbar, but not to the right of the MenuBar.  Or am I doing something wrong?

Ken

Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2004 at 9:24pm

The menubar has a flag set that makes it take up the entire available width, so you can't really dock anything next to that.  I'm not sure if you can remove that flag from the menu bar or not though.

Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2004 at 9:01pm
Must not be possible since no developer has replied.
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2004 at 9:43pm

Yes, you can, just remove the xtpFlagStretched from the menubar and you can dock things next to it.

Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 10:01am

Ark42

You are correct!  It works like a charm.  BTW, thanks for your Windows 98/ME/2000 color themes.  They really make our clients very happy!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic