Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tried to upgrade from 8.61 to 8.70

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tried to upgrade from 8.61 to 8.70
    Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:27am

But it failed because I apparently have zero installations left? Great.
Don't use active authentication if its not flawless.  This creates a lot of extra work that should NOT be needed to install the product.

flauzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flauzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 3:07am

The same in AX Suite Product. 0 installations left.......I think that this is an error.

the latest security policy does not seem excessive during install?

Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 12:19pm

Yes, it does seem very excessive and intrusive. The proper way to handle such a setup would be to always allow the installations, no matter what, but flag ones that go over the limited they think it should have. Then they can manually look into the ones over the limit and disable the username or code or whatever if they need to.
I purchased one license of 8.60 and installed that once. I then upgraded to 8.61 and installed that once. Now I can't upgrade to 8.70 even though I paid for the year subscription because of why? Because I used my one single installation up on 8.61, or because of a big oversight in their system? I emailed them yesterday and still no response. You think something like this should get PRIORITY responses from them.  I can't use what I paid for and this is a BIG problem.

Edited by Ark42
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 3:48pm

Hello -

The latest version 8.70 was posted late last night and the problem you are referring to with the license server was not discovered until later this morning.  We take matters such as this very seriously and make it our top PRIORITY to resolve them quickly.

This problem has been corrected and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.  You should be able to install the version you downloaded now without any trouble.  Please let us know if you have further problems.  The product release will be officially announced later this evening.

Kind regards,
Codejock Support

Edited by Support
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 4:22pm

Installed 8.70 now, but deployment wizard fails:
XTP8700Libd.dll - 358 error(s), 7 warning(s)

I am using VC6 + SP6, chose all build options (DLL, both static options, and both ansi and unicode).

I see no files in C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\ToolkitPro\bin_vc60 or C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\ToolkitPro\lib_vc60 that start with XTP8700 now.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 9:17pm

Hi Ark42,

All of the reported problems have been resolved, sorry for the trouble.  Please download the latest version that was just posted.  Please let us know if you experience any problems, thanks.

Kind regards,

Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 9:29pm
I just redownloaded 8.70 and installed, and the deployment wizard failed in the same way. Where is the log stored at?
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 9:47pm

There should be a *.plg (if using vc6) file located in either:

C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\ToolkitPro\WorkSpace\XTPToolkit_Dll or
C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\MFC\ToolkitPro\WorkSpace\XTPToolkit_Lib

please attach and send to me via email.

Regards,

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 9:51pm
Please verify the following:

Make sure you have COMPLETELY uninstalled any previous versions first before installing version 8.70, DO NOT install over top of your previous installation.
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2004 at 10:21pm
Uninstallation told me some pieces would have to be done manually, but once I just deleted the whole Codejock Software folder from Program Files, then reinstalled, the deployment wizard went just fine.

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2004 at 9:41pm

Hello-

The final version of 8.70 was just posted tonight, please be sure you download this latest version.  This version will correct the problem mentioned here in addition to a few other issues there were remaining.

Regards,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic