Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Controling "how" a form gets skinned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Controling "how" a form gets skinned
    Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:13am
Hi this isn't really about ApplyOptions, which I understand give some control on what gets skinned. My question concerns if I in any way can adjust a control placed on the form to control the skinning.

To illustrate, if I set Background color for a control to System->Button Face, it takes on a certain color from the skin, same with some other system colors while other seem to have no effect which ever skin I apply. Now, if I create my own msstyle file, is it possible to influence all of the system colors with the skin and set colors accordingly in controls, also non standard VB6 controls (3rd party)?

Another example of a problem I am facing, some skins create nice rounded Frame borders and a matching color for the frame Caption. I have a ComponentOne Elastic resizer control, which is a container and can be set to act as a frame as well. However I seem to be unable to archive the same result for the frame border and caption. Is this something I could change by creating my own msstyle file?

/Joakim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic