Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Column autosize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Column autosize
    Posted: 12 January 2007 at 6:15am
Hello

I want to have a column with autosize, but not in the way autosize works for this control. What I need is that the size of the column to be calculated so that every item to be visible. It is the same like doubleclicking the edge of the header. Can this be done via some funcions implemented in the control or do i have to calculate the size myself?

Thank you
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 10:38am
Hi,

There is a method Column.BestFit which adjusts a column size like you wish. 

Method which will adjust all columns size:

Private Sub AdjustAllColumns()
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 0 To wndReportControl.Columns.Count - 1
        wndReportControl.Columns(i).BestFit
    Next i
End Sub

Call it from Form_Resize and disable regular column autosizing in Form_Load (.AutoColumnSizing = False)

--
WBR,
Serge
@lin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 3:42am
Thanx for your answer. Unfortunatelly it does not work. I have Xtreme Suite ActiveX Controls v10.3 and the method is unavailable for this version.
@lin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 3:44am
Also I want this only at first (when filling the grid) and not on resize. Like i said, i want something similar to dblclick on column edge but calable from the code.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 3:54pm
Hi,

What is not working? AFAIK method .BestFit was available since the very early versions of the control.

--
WBR,
Serge
@lin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @lin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 3:43am
For example this line:
wndReportControl.Columns(i).BestFit

Method BestFit is not recognized. It is not available in help also.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:35pm
Oops, sorry, BestFit() was added in version 10.4 only. I've mixed it up with MFC version, where it was available from the very beginning...

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic