Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Versioning Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawshank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Versioning Issue
    Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:47am
I have noticed a versioning issue that I am having when creating a Internet distributable with the VB Package & Deployment Wizard. In order to isolate this issue I created a fresh install of Windows XP. This installation had never seen VB or the CodeJock components before. I installed VB SP6 and then followed that with the CodeJock components and rebooted. I then created a very simple project. I have a Form with only a ReportControl on it. I used the PDW to create an Internet distributable. When the PDW starts to create the CAB file I get an error that states:

The information found in the file ...\\Xtereme SuitePro ActiveX v9.81\bin\Codejock.ReportControl.v981.ocx does not match that found in the registry. Make sure the file is registered on this computer in the directory you are retrieving it from.

The path above has been abbreivated but is the default path used when installing the CodeJock components. This error occurs on every system I have tried it on. Obviously, the components are registered and in the proper location. Again, this is the first time this machine has seen CJ components so there is no chance that there could have been a previous version installed. I have no trouble with my projects when I created them using InstallShield as a distributable EXE file.

Is there a resolution to this issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic