Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedActiveX control will not display in IE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ActiveX control will not display in IE
    Posted: 14 December 2006 at 4:58pm
I have created an ActiveX control that contains the CodeJock components, specifically the Report control, Docking control & CommandBar control. I then packaged the control using VB6's Package & Deployment Wizard. I signed the resulting CAB file and then uploaded the files to a server. When I access the web page that installs the control everything runs as expected until the end when the ActiveX control I created should be displayed. Unfortunately, the control does not load. I did use the LPK licensing tool to create a license package and placed the correct OBJECT tag in the web page that loads the ActiveX control.

As a test I created a new ActiveX control with no CodeJock controls on it and then signed it. I uploaded it to the server and was able to successfully load the control in IE. I then did the same thing again expect I placed a ReportControl on the ActiveX usercontrol. I signed it and uploaded it to the server. This time the control would not load just as before. This indicates that the issue I am having loading my ActiveX control is related to the CodeJock components.

Is there something I need to do in order to get my control to load in IE when using the CodeJock components?

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 12:54am

Hi,

Create new issue in issuetrack.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Shawshank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 3:22am
OK, I've created an IssueTrak report.

BTW, can you tell me what the following folder is for:

C:\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v9.81\bin\Redist

It contains all of the CodeJock components in CAB files.

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 4:03am
yes, I think it is place you have to start. instead adding codejock control to your cab file,  destribute our cab file.
Oleg, Support Team
Shawshank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 1:49pm
I found the following article buried in the CodeJock web site that sheds a little light on this situation:

The steps outlined in the article must be taken in order to successfully create a ActiveX control for Internet Explorer.

I did create the code as outlined but unfortunately I still have the same issue. The control will not display in IE. I also tried distributing the CodeJock CAB file as found in the \bin\Redist folder as well as including the CodeJock OCX in my CAB file project but neither step, along with the one included in said article, corrected the problem with my very simple project (see original post).

I see that you list yourself as "Senior Developer" w/CJ Software. I'm curious, you don't seem to know anything about this issue. Is that correct?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 11:20am

Hi,

As I wrote 15 December, create issue in issue track and I will send you sample and steps.

Worked for me without problems:

Oleg, Support Team
Shawshank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 3:19pm
I have created an IssueTrak ticket.

Did you create your sample using v9.81? I downloaded the demo for the latest version, v10.3.1 and did discover the issue does not exist with that version.

When you created the test project did you select to build an ActiveX control or something else? I selected an ActiveX control.

There really isn't any code to speak of in the test project I created. I did set the .License property as indicated in the aforementioned web page. Other than that there is no code. I also used the LPK tool as I see you did also. Looking at the code from your ReportTest.htm install page mine looks exactly like yours. Did you use the .License property? If so, did you place it in the UserControl Initialize event?

I also discovered that I can make the 9.81 release work if I place the ReportControl on a Form --but not on a UserControl. It appears you used a Form instead of a UserControl. The 10.3.1 release does work on a UserControl. Can your test project work on a UserControl?
Shawshank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 2:15pm
Please do send sample and steps on how you created your example. IssueTrak #11598. I have also just purchased the 10.4 version but would like to see your example using the 9.81 version.

Thxs
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 3:41pm
You become rude....

First of all check Q169438 in MSDN, where you can find that ActiveX architecture/Internet Explorer don't have way use in one ActiveX control another ActiveX control that requre Run-Time license. We specially added License property to avoid it. So don't call it bug.

Ok here steps
1. Create UserControl and add ReportControl

2.  Add code

Private Sub UserControl_Initialize()
XtremeReportControl.License = _
"Report Control Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Codejock Software" & vbCrLf & _
"PRODUCT-ID: Codejock.ReportControl.ActiveX.v10.4" & vbCrLf & _
"VALIDATE-CODE: xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx"
End Sub

(xxx find in lic file)

3. save it and compile
4. sign ocx file
5.With deploymnet wizard create cab file (Put ocx and ReportControl.ocx to this cab) and test html file. 6. Sign cab file.
7. copy to ftp and test.
Oleg, Support Team
Shawshank View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 5:40pm
Yes, I had performed those steps exactly as you described using v9.81. It doesn't work. As I indicated in the previous post it does not work with v9.81 but does work in 10.4. I'm disapointed that I had to buy 10.4 just to get this to work when it should have worked in v9.81. I'd say there is a bug in v9.81.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 2:13am
why it should ? Please point me to release notes/help file where I can read Report Control from 9.81 supports Internet Explorer... it was request in some version and we added it.

Anyway lets close it.
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic