Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command bar with other controls.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJeary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Command bar with other controls.
    Posted: 25 March 2004 at 5:59am

Is it possible to use a command bar alongside other controls?

I have an Xtreme command bar on my form, and I also have a standard Coolbar, however the coolbar positions itself on top of the command bar.  How do I avoid this?

Im also using panes, therefore, how do set the pane to dock to the bottom of the coolbar?

Any help would be much appreciated, I am currently still evaluating the Xtreme activeX components and currently, integrating it into our product isn't going well.

svenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2004 at 4:51pm

Phil,

Did you find any solution to this problem?

I'm currently evaluating the Codejock's Command Bar control. Looks great and feels professional, but there is this one problem.

Docking other controls to the side of an MDI Form (VB6) containing a Command Bar just doesn't provide the result I want...
I were able to position the command bar docked to the side of the other control (left aligned), but I could never make the command bar dock to the top and display the other control left-docked beneath it.

svenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2004 at 9:02pm

I found the solution in another thread.

Make sure the command bar is topmost in the Zorder, then it will align ok.

PhilJeary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJeary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 2:31am
Originally posted by svenn svenn wrote:

Did you find any solution to this problem?

In answer to your original question, I had trouble getting codejock components to work well with other components so, unfortunately (largely due to time constraints), had to abandon it and look elsewhere.

svenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 2:34am

Phil,
This sounds interesting as we are currently considering codejock for a major upgrade of our main product.

What kind of problems did codejock give you with other controls?
Did you find other suppliers that provided the features you needed?

Thanks a lot for your time.

.svenn.

PhilJeary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJeary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 2:55am

I was looking for some controls to create a design similar to the MS Money style.

I managed to find some controls at www.vbaccelerator.com which did the job perfectly.

The best example I can offer that I had trouble getting the codejock components to work with is the standard CoolBar.  If I put a coolbar in my app, any codejock components ignored its existance and sat on top of it.

I had a quick look round for a solution, but due to the deadline of the project I was working on, had to look for a quicker solution elsewhere.

Currently i'm trying to learn how to use installshield, which after using the huge amount of support and help available in books and the web for VB, installshield doesn't have quite so many comforts

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 6:33am
Codejock components work fine with other components.  All that is needed is a call to  the MoveAlignedControl method for each control placed in the RepositionAlignedControls event.  

This sample code is all you need to add:

Private Sub CommandBars_RepositionAlignedControls(Left As Long, Top As Long, Right As Long, Bottom As Long)
CommandBars.MoveAlignedControl CoolBar1, Left, Top, Right, Bottom
End Sub

Edited by SuperMario
svenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 6:55am

Sound promising, but can't get it to work.

I have a picture box that I want to dock against the left border of an MDI form. The CommandBar Main Menu should stay on top, above the picture box, and occupy the entire width of the form.

The important bit: The client area (for MDI childs) should extend from the right border of the picture box and the bottom of the command bar. Yet so far, I have not been able to do this.

Can you do this with the MoveAlignedControl() method, SuperMario?

PhilJeary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJeary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 2:58am

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Codejock components work fine with other components.

Unfortunately for me, I needed to know way back in March, but hopefully someone currenly using the components will be able to make good use of it and get their app working as they want it to.

Thanks anyway though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic