Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom control on toolbar !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom control on toolbar !
    Posted: 22 March 2004 at 5:33pm

Hi all

I see xtpControlCustom  type of Control but cannot find information about it.

I have to put custom control on toolbar. This control is Label. In real life i have to create an information row. Something like Outlook has. And i thought that this Custom style is designed specialy for this.

Does anybody know about this?

Tnx.

robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2004 at 8:03pm

Here's how you can add a Vb6 comboBox. Combo1 is a comboBox on the form:

Dim mCustom     As ICommandBarControlCustom

Set mCustom = CommandBars.Add(xtpControlCustom, 990, "Search:")
With Combo1
   mCustom.Handle = .hWnd
   .AddItem "Customer"
    .AddItem "Orders"
    .ListIndex = 1
End With

Edited by robs
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2004 at 8:21pm
You might be looking for a ShortcutBarCaption control.  From your description it wounds like you are looking for the bar at the bottom of the toolbar that says something like "Inbox".  If that is the case, take a look at the ShortcutBar sample.
Voha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2004 at 11:13pm

Thank you all

This helped !

Voha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2004 at 10:54pm

Hi all again

I looked at ShortcutBarCaption control and noticed that it can not be put on MDI form.

Is this possible?

tnx

Woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:28am
hi,

expanding on this question - how can I add standard Label control to the end of my toolbar (after the last button), to take up the remaining client width and display to the user the current form title? I need to do this on an MDI form, and can't just draw a label on the form. using a label gives me control over font, size etc unless I can modify font attributes/width in the last CommandBars button?

thanks
Woody
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic