Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my comprehension about the "SetVirtualMode"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartofdra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my comprehension about the "SetVirtualMode"
    Posted: 02 November 2006 at 3:49am

According to the explainment  to freediver211   ,  I think  the  "VirtualMode" is just a method to copy the "data " from the database to the "Screen "—— it is not need to get the data to the  "ReportControl ", and  when needed , it can get the data repeatly from the  database,  for instance ,   in your demo , though you were not get a data form the "third part ".

but  there could be some prolbem by comparing to other grid controls . In your demo , your printf the grid like this:  in a row ,  print the column from the left to the right , when a row has finished ,begin a new row ,   print the column from left to right, …………………… 。 The problem is ,in you function that do above ,  the print sequence has been "defined" ,   how can I  get/set  "the one" among the table ???    
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:15am
Call RedrawControl and all visible report cells will be repopulated with the new data from your methods.
heartofdra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartofdra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:52am
      then how to change "the one" among the table ???    ?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartofdra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 4:53am

Is my comprehension is right or  wrong ?????
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:42pm
yes, you think correct, but just look further -- you change your "the one" somewhere in your data; all others left the same; on every new redraw, or when it is necessary, Report asks you values of all those items, including old unchanged ones, and new changed ones.

--
WBR,
Serge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartofdra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 9:43pm
Thanks sserge

Genius idea
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic