Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating test data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating test data
    Posted: 02 October 2006 at 10:49am
Hello,

I seem to have run into a problem with the calendar control.

I have been writing a project using the calendar control 10.2.  Everything has been working fine.  I was able to get almost all the functionality I need with the help of this forum and the help file.

I have been using data that is a year or two old.  Now that I have the program almost finished, my client sent me  new data to load into the system.

I am using MS Acces as my backend db.  I went into the database, cleared the items from the event table, and them compacted  the database.

Now the calendar does not seem to be able to find the event table anymore.  When I try to add a new event, I get a negative number as the Event ID, but there is no record written to the event table.

If I rename the event  table and then import the original Event table back into the db, everything works fine again.

I have looked through the help files, sample programs, and this forum.  I don't seem to be able to find any answers.

I also tried to walk through the event table with the data provider in code and delete each appointment this way.  I had the same outcome.

Thanking you in advance for any  help you can give me.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 10:41am
Looks like the problem could be with fields types of the new table. Integer instead of String or something similar.

Please compare tables structures. It also would be useful to look at your database file itself if possible.

--
WBR,
Serge
tomgriff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 11:22am
Hello sserge,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not changing any of the data types or any fields in the tables.  All I am doing is clearing the event table.  I run a compact in MS Acces to re-number the autonumber field.

this is not a new table, it is the same table.

Where in the data provider does the calendar set the name of the table it will use.  Is there somewhere that I can change the name of the table, or is there somewhere that I need to update the table name.
tomgriff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomgriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 7:38pm
Hello sserge,

Just to update on this topic.

I had converted the calendar to multiple schedules before I had tried the load of the new data.  It had all seemed to work, but it hadn't.

I did not have the array for the resources in the code.  I found the answer in a thread here on this forum that had nothing to do with my problem, but there it was.

After adding the resource array it all seemed to work fine.

Thanks for your time.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 3:38am
Well, thanks, that's fine that you had found an answer.
If only I heard about multiple schedules in your application, the answer might have been much closer...

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic