Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 98 crash !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amstel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 98 crash !
    Posted: 26 February 2004 at 9:59am

Are you sure that the activx commandbars works with Windows 98 ?

I tested my application, after 10 or 15 launches of a form which contains the activex, the computer is blocked

Is it of in the panel of evaluation that displays ?

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2004 at 10:12am
It sounds like you are using the evaluation version of AxtiveX.  I have noticed that the Evaluation dialog that pops up will sometimes cause the system to hang in Windows XP and 2000, or crash in Windows 98.  It seems to happen when you try to click on the commandbar of the application before you close the evaluation popup dialog.  I have experienced to crashes with the paid version.  I think the evaluation popup causes it because it will bring the focus back to the popup after like 10 seconds.  There should be no problems with the paid version.  
amstel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amstel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2004 at 10:19am

I use the trial version before buying the controle.

The popup of evaluation never closes at runtime of a compiled code.

Under Windows XP, no problem, the crash occurs only under Windows 98

Edited by amstel
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2004 at 10:56am
Are you compiling the code using the trial version?  If you are, the evaluation popup will still be displayed in the compiled code.  This shouldn't be an issue with the paid version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic