Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Task Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to change the expand/collapse icons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfstephe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to change the expand/collapse icons
    Posted: 07 July 2006 at 12:17pm
Hi there,
  I may be being more stupid than the offspring of a village idiot and a TV weather girl, but does anyone know if it's possible, and indeed how, to change the expand/collapse icons in the task panel.

We apply custom skins to our controls and I'd like to customise the look.

Thanks,
    John

PS Great control :-)
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 2:54pm
:( Sorry, there is no way.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
SteveDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 1:58pm
I needed this as well for a child group and came up with a simple workaround...

In my implentation I am using the same expand and collapse icons, a bit larger, but they could actually be any image(s) you deisire. I just set the Group Caption to Hidden, but expandable then created a link item with an image that changes on expand and collapse. I have also been able to simulate the exact same look as the current group headers with different buttons using similar techniques. I've found that if it is not built in to the TaskPanel, there are enough things supported that you can make it look and behave any way you want. I've faked many other controls in the TaskPanel, by just using images and sometimes a picturebox here, in some circumstances a custom user control of my own here and there. Done it so much that I now use it more often than attaching other controls. It doesn't mess with the transparency, follows themes well, less dependancies and is just plain easy to do and my customers like it.

Now, I just need to learn that Xwhatever stuff and it sounds like the controls can be customized to a state that you would not even recognize them from the original concept.

CodeJock...Good stuff and tools I wouldn't be without. Only complaint is I think a couple of the controls are bloated more than they should be, but I have never ran into a user problem that was caused by a codejock component and I have a fairly large user base. Same program for 20 years - of course updated many times. Incorporated some codejock components about three years ago. Nice fit.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic