Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommandBars Bug on Floating DockingPane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommandBars Bug on Floating DockingPane
    Posted: 18 February 2004 at 11:54am

When a CommandBar is attached to a DockingPane, everything works fine while the pane is docked.  If you undock the pane, the CommandBar doesn't appear to properly respond to mouse activity.

In the Visual Studio sample, there is a pane called 'Class View' which has a CommandBar with two controls.  While the pane is docked, the controls are properly highlighted when the mouse moves over the controls.  If you undock the pane, the controls are no longer highlighted on mouse over.  While not in the example, I have also noticed that popup menus displayed with the ShowPopup event (not from a SplitButtonPopup control) also have a "flicker" affect as the mouse moves over each item.  On those same popups, menu items with child items are not expanded unless you click the item (they are normally expanded on mouse over).

I hope you can get a fix for this in the next release of CommandBars.  Even though the sample will illustrate the bug, I've attached screen prints as well to show how items are not highlighted on mouse over. 8E5_bug.zip

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 12:31pm
I agree, there must be a bug with the docking panes.  Looks like it doesn't recognize the mouse overs when undocked.  However, I could not reproduce your problem with the ShowPopup event, or expanded button in the popup.
robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 1:05pm

Looks like a bug to me. I was able to reproduce this also.

While testing this, I think I found another bug. If you have a pane with a commandBar with one theme and then attach it to a a pane with commandBar using a different theme, the theme that is attaching changes to the other. This only seems to happen when you double click the titleBar to attach. Id doesn't happen if you drag to dock.

Boyd, SuperMario: let me know if you can reproduce this if you get a chance.

robs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 1:16pm

It also appears that if any of your panes have a commandBar with the Office2003 theme, once that pane becomes active, all panes with commandBars start using the Office2003 theme. If somebody else can confirm this, we can submit some bug reports.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by robs robs wrote:

It also appears that if any of your panes have a commandBar with the Office2003 theme, once that pane becomes active, all panes with commandBars start using the Office2003 theme. If somebody else can confirm this, we can submit some bug reports.

Yes, I could reproduce this bug.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

I could not reproduce your problem with the ShowPopup event

Try placing the following code in the 'frmClassView' from of the Visual Studio Example.

Private Sub treeClassView_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Single, y As Single)
    Dim Popup As CommandBar
    If Button = vbRightButton Then
        Set Popup = CommandBars.Add("Popup", xtpBarPopup)
        With Popup.Controls
             .Add xtpControlButton, ID_BROWSER_BACK, "Browser Back", -1, False
             .Add xtpControlButton, ID_BROWSER_FORWARD, "Browser Forward", -1, False
        End With
        Popup.ShowPopup x, y
    End If
End Sub

Launch the application, undock the 'Class View' pane, then right-click anywhere on the tree control.  You should see a popup menu with 'Browser Back' and 'Browser Forward'.  On my Win2000 machine, these menu items flicker as the mouse moves over the popup.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 1:48pm
Ok, it happens on my WinXP machine as well.  I would say this is a bug too.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 2:28pm

This problem has been corrected and will be included with the next release, thanks

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 2:56pm

Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

This problem has been corrected and will be included with the next release, thanks

Great... Thanks!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic