Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project does not print on Win XP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jconstable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project does not print on Win XP
    Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:30pm

First off, I apologize if this post is trivial stupidness, as I am a total newb when it comes to Windows programming.  I am predominantly a Java developer, and this whole MFC thing is totally foreign to me.

I have an application that is written in C++.  It draws some complicated engineering models, and was written by someone else.  The company that owns it has asked me to figure out why it does not print under Win XP.  It works fine in Win 98.  I'm about ready to give up.

I have managed to get around in Visual C++ 6 to some extent, but so far I have been banging my head against the wall.

The app compiles fine.
The app loads fine.
The print dialog comes up fine.
It claims to have printed without problems.
When I go to the printer queue, it shows the job as "Spooling".  If I open the job, it shows the size as 0.  This job hangs out in the printer queue until I close the app, at which point a popup claims that the print job was sent to the printer, but nothing ever comes out.

As a side note, printing to file also results in a 0 length file.

I have printed a test document on the printer just to make sure the PC prints at all.  Works fine.

I have used the debugger to step through the application.  The code behaves as expected, with the proper loops and draw functions being executed.

Is there some sort of trick or nuance for printing in XP?  Has anyone experienced this before?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic