Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samlpe GUI_OneNote assert failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infralogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samlpe GUI_OneNote assert failure
    Posted: 02 February 2004 at 1:28am

Am I the only one having an assert failure in the MFC GUI_OneNote sample app. (8.61) ??

Happens in the mainframe OnCreate at m_MTIClientWnd.Attach(this).

Regards

Niels

vladsch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2004 at 5:19pm

I don't have the assert in the unmodified sample.

However, when I tried to implement the one note style tabs in my project I got the assert because my window was not inheriting from CMDIFrameWnd as required by the CXTPTabClientWnd class.

There are 3 asserts in the Attach method.

1. Asserts that the tabclientwnd is not already attached, happens if you attach 2x

2. Asserts if the Window being attached does not inherit from CMDIFramwWnd, as was my case

3. Asserts if it fails to subclass the m_hWndMDIClient window. Did not look into when this happens. But without this sublcassing the tabs won't show up.

Can you be more specific about which Assert() fires. Source File and Line Number that shows up in the assert message box.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic