Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Image thumbnail control with codejock..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image thumbnail control with codejock..
    Posted: 13 April 2006 at 2:03am
Hi,

I want to implement an image thumbnail preview control in my application. Wanted to ask whether codejock has any such control ? If yes, my specific requirement is, I want to chnage the preview size of thumbnail at runtime. I will give a slider kind of control to change the preview size (just like Windows Vista Windows Explorer).

So, is this possible with codejock library ? If yes, please let me know from which library version onwards this functionality has been given ?
Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 8:00am
No, we have no thumbnail preview control
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 1:04pm

If you want a good, and simple library for loading images, I would recommend FreeImage - http://freeimage.sourceforge.net/
You can use it for free in commercial applications without having to open source your program or pay any royaltees. I use it for loading and displaying images as well as thumbnails (but I also contribute to FreeImage on occasion, so I may be biased).

jigarmehtamscit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:30pm
Hi Ark42,

I want to ask, whether it will work with C# (VS 2005) or not.. !! I dont see this support for C#.. and will it enable me to resize the thumbnail of images at runtime ?

Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:35pm

Yes, I believe it works with C#/VB6/Delphi/etc as a DLL at least. I use it statically linked from C++ so I can't really help you with C# or VS2005 problems. There is a function FreeImage_Rescale() which can resize to any size you need quite easily. You might want to take this to the FreeImage forums though, since it's not really related to Codejock anymore.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:39pm
Hi,

I know its not related to codejock but just want to ask you one thing. I had a look at the site of freeimage library. Its not a control that works like thumbnail control. So, please confirm, will I have to create that control on my own using freeimage ?
Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:41pm
Yes, FreeImage is not a control, it is not even Windows-specific - I use it under OS X and Linux as well. It is simply a very simple and easy to use library for loading and saving images in a large variety of formats with some other basic image transformation functions such as resizing.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:49pm
OK.. so, that will be not useful to me. I saw this is great library, i will surely use it in some of my other projects. Do anybody know any control which can do work for me ? like it shows thumbnail of the image and at runtime, it gives me functionality of resizing them ?
Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 3:51pm

Just write your own. Such a control would not be a complicated thing to create.
robosport View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robosport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 3:29am

@Ark42: Thanks for this freeimage reference. I was looking for something with smaller mem footprint than GDI+ but with the same ease for supporting PNG and JPEG in and out. This is perfect.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic