Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 98 explorer crash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows 98 explorer crash
    Posted: 07 April 2006 at 12:56pm

Hi

Have just installed full version 10. Explorer crashes on win98 when skinframework is included in my vb6 app. any ideas please.

Regards

Alan

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:47pm
Maybe you can attache the project?  I just tried on Win 98 SE and both sample seemed OK.  Any more info?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:50pm

Hello,

can you check if our samples crashed too?

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 3:17pm

Hi

The machine with 98 is not my main development machine it is just for testing but I did install and uninstall the 9.8 and beta 2 demos on it last week. the software that is crashing was fully compiled and installed with an install shield installer but I am wondering if there may be a problem because of the number of different versions of the ocxs that have been registered on this machine. Some of the old ocxs where definately left over because when i first ran the software it just threw an authentication error and i searched for and manually unregistered all the left over older versions to make it work. could it just be that something isn't properly registered? and can i install my full version on this machine as well as my main development machine? if so i can test your samples. finally even though explorer crashed the software did load and the skins were working. The only other thing i noticed was that the form seemed to loose some height with all three styles, i have a command button and a toolbar along the bottom which were being partialy cut off by the bottom of the form (fixed border style)

Regards

Alan

aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 6:17am

Hi again

have looked a little further and at one point i got an error message referring to uxtheme.dll which I assume is an xp dll?

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 7:43am

Yes, uxtheme.dll provides theming support for Windows XP

This file never shipped on a version of Windows earlier than XP. Are you getting this error on your Win 98 box?

aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 8:06am
yes but only once, does the skinframework reference it on xp os?
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 11:16am
just wondering what to try next with this one?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic