Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error Loading ImageManager v 10.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error Loading ImageManager v 10.1
    Posted: 07 April 2006 at 11:14am

I'm getting an error loading ImageManager in VB6 when first opening projects ("Can't load ImageManager").

Any ImageManager controls used on my forms are not there when the forms are viewed.  Since our project uses ImageManagers that already have all required bitmaps loaded, please advise ASAP.

Thanks!

Dan

jcollier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 11:21am
I'm getting the same message.  Help!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 12:43pm

Hi,

It can only happen if you save form with 10 beta and load it with retail. Just load version was saved with 9.81.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 1:01pm

And what if you don't have version saved with 9.81?  Like many, I'm sure, we continued development while working with the beta.  We don't want to have to revert to an older version (even if we can locate it).

DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 1:45pm

If I'm thinking this through correctly, we can easily comment out any 10.1 specific code we have and adjust the object references in our vbp file to get back to 9.81.  These references currently read as follows:

Object={B8E5842E-102B-4289-9D57-3B3F5B5E15D3}#10.1#0; COF8E3~1.OCX
Object={C8E5842E-102B-4289-9D57-3B3F5B5E15D3}#10.1#0; CO286B~1.OCX
Object={555E8FCC-830E-45CC-AF00-A012D5AE7451}#10.1#0; CODEJO~2.OCX
Object={A8E5842E-102B-4289-9D57-3B3F5B5E15D3}#10.1#0; CODE80~1.OCX
Object={945E8FCC-830E-45CC-AF00-A012D5AE7451}#10.1#0; CODEJO~3.OCX
Object={7CAC59E5-B703-4CCF-B326-8B956D962F27}#10.1#0; CO19DE~1.OCX
Object={79EB16A5-917F-4145-AB5F-D3AEA60612D8}#10.1#0; CODEJO~1.OCX

Can anyone provide the references used by 9.81?  I think this would work.

Thanks!

Dan

DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:06pm

Found a saved copy of the 9.81 project files.  Copied over the object references from those old files to the related .vbp and .frm files.

When the project was opened, I was initially prompted to update the codejock controls (good!) from 9.81 to 10.1.

When the form was then opened, got the same error message, plus no ImageManager controls again.

Does the .frx file also have object references that might be causing this problem?  Please help!

jcollier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:23pm
I don't have a version saved in 9.81.  I am at a standstill.  Please help.
DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:27pm

Tried just opening the old 9.81 project files.  If I do NOT upgrade the cj controls when prompted to do so, the ImageManager control is there, but no bitmaps.  If I DO upgrade the cj controls, no ImageManager.

Would uninstalling the beta and 10.1 maybe help?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 2:50pm

Unfortnuntelly imagemanager format not compitable with beta.  When you installed beta you must understand that it is preview version and have to backup old projects.

You can open old project and export images to bitmap and  open with last version and import them.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 3:14pm

I don't agree, and I DO have a backup.  As yet, I am not able to get the 9.81 backup to work with 10.1.

In any event, if cj informed beta testers, in bold print, that using the beta would cause compatibility problems for existing code, I don't think you'd have any beta testers.  I can only speak for myself, but I'm hard pressed to believe there are that many of your customers out there who have set up separate boxes to test your beta.  If the beta is installed on your development box, it does not appear that having the backup is doing any good at this point.

I'll be the first to acknowledge the general rule that one never uses a beta in a production environment.  With development controls however, this can be difficult, if not impossible, if one is trying to modify code to reflect new functionality, etc.

Ah, never mind.  Water under the bridge at this point.

To open the "old" project, I guess I need to uninstall 10.1 AND the 2 betas, correct?  As mentioned previously in this post, I don't seem to be able to open the old 9.81 version with images intact.

jcollier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcollier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 3:36pm
Seems strange that 9.81 converted up to version 10 beta with no problems but 10 beta won't convert to 10.1?  A little advanced warning about this would have been nice.
Juzzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 6:33pm

Come on, you guys are developers! You KNOW that beta software is always subject to bugs and fixes before it gets released.

You even say it yourself that you shouldn't have done it. Don't bitch about what beta testing should be - we know what it IS.

You have got yourself into this mess, don't blame CodeJock.

DDJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 7:45pm

I've upgraded each version of the cj controls over the last two years.  With each upgrade, I've had to spend a few days fixing "uncompalibilities".  Don't tell me what I "know".  The current issue of this thread aside, I'm still working with various gpf's to get our app working again after the "final" release of 10.1.

Having said that, and even considering the time it takes to get issues resolved through this group, I like what cj is doing.  They produce controls that add value to our app.  All that's really being said here is that they could do better.  So could I, and so could you.

BTW, my problem isn't with the beta.  I had a fully working version of the pre-beta software.  According to cj, I shouldn't be having any problems with the move from 9.81 to 10.1.  I am.  The continual need to reload all of my icons, after ANY upgrade, in IconManager is going to drive me nuts.

Cheers,

Dan

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by Juzzy Juzzy wrote:

Come on, you guys are developers! You KNOW that beta software is always subject to bugs and fixes before it gets released.

You even say it yourself that you shouldn't have done it. Don't bitch about what beta testing should be - we know what it IS.

You have got yourself into this mess, don't blame CodeJock.

Actually I would think it is you who does not understand the definition of Beta software. Although Beta is expected to have some bugs, it is also supposed to be feature complete, including finalized interfaces, file formats, etc. Otherwise, you label it as Alpha software.

Thankfully I have not been affected by this issue, so this doesn't affect me directly... That being said I have to recognize it for what it is: a blunder. I think the frustration is justified.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic