Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Errors in the Visual Studio 2005 Theme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Errors in the Visual Studio 2005 Theme
    Posted: 16 March 2006 at 7:54am

There are some inacurracies with the current Visual Studio 2005 theme for docking panes. These are not errors so much as inconsistencies, but the word "inconsistencies" would not fit in the title. :)

1) The mouseover effect is different between VS2005 and CJDP:

VS:   CJ: 

2) The Pin and Close icons are slightly different:

VS:   CJ:

Notice how in VS2005 the pin is a bit longer, and the close button a bit thicker.

3) When dragging a floating pane, VS2005 actually drags the window with its contents. CJ DP leaves the window where it is, and shows the blue alpha shadow being dragged instead.

4) When unpinning a pane, the CJ DP inacurrately skips the hide animation.

5) Colors of the focused pane titlebar are slightly off. Dark color in CJ DP is #326cc9 instead of #316ac5 as in VS2005. Light color in CJ DP is #3a7eea instead of #3b80ed as in VS2005.

Small things I know, but the difference between the good and the best is attention to details!  

This was on Windows XP Pro, using the Blue Luna XP Theme, and "Show window contents while dragging" option set to True in my System > Performance options. Let me know if you need more information on any of these.

gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:57pm

Just installed beta 1 of v2006... Here is a quick picture of the real VS2005 and CJ DP theme:

Using Windows XP Pro, Media Center theme. Notice how in the real VS2005 it is a gradient and not a solid color.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2006 at 9:45am

Hello,

Seems Microsoft has two themes for Standard and Team editions... with different caption styles.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:51pm

Just installed version 10.20, here is an update on this thread:

Issue 1 is no longer a problem thanks to the new CaptionButtonStyle property (see DockingPane SDI sample).

Issue 3 is no longer a problem as of 10.1 thanks to the ShowContentsWhileDragging option.

Issue 5 must be due to a different theme between VS2005 Standard and Team System as Oleg mentioned, so I can live with it. :)

I believe #2 and #4 are still present, although they are minor quirks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic