Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tab not refreshing properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tab not refreshing properly
    Posted: 08 March 2006 at 2:08pm

Hi,

We are using the Tabs activex component and we notices some annoying problems with it. We are using .NET.

Sometimes, when we are not using the window (the window is inactive) and then we come back to it... or sometimes when we lose focus from one tab, the tab does not show anything. Its like a blank one. To get focus again, we should change to another tab and then back to the tab again.. This does not always happen, but it does quite often for a windows application

thnks

WaaZ

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 10:36am

Hello,

Please, send sample project to issue track.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:38am
I have the same problem: randomly, when the window loses focus tab loses their contained control. If change to another tab and then back to the tab again, control contained backs.
As Waaz says, it ocurs randomly, but very very often. I'm using ActiveX version.

WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 10:19am

We cannot reproduce it very often, and out product is almost complete and we cannot send it out.

Oscar, it would be great if you have a sample that demonstrate it since we cant afford to show our product.

Thnks

WaaZ

WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 8:41am

Hi,

I have a sample program in C# that reproduces the above error. We have 20 tabs and we should normally have on each one a series of "TEST 1" on it. But, at each execution, we have only a couple of tabs that have the labels..

I have attached the code in this post

Thanks

WaaZ

2006-05-03_084139_WindowsApplication1.zip

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 4:09pm

Hello,

just add the line:

axTabControl1.Controls.Add(boardControl);

Oleg, Support Team
WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 9:10am

There are still instances when the user control inside the tabs goes blank and i cant see the controls on the usercontrol unless i minimize and then maximize the form, or if i run another window on the form and then off (forcing the usercontrol to paint). Do you have any idea why this might happen, also does anyone else have this problem?

WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 9:56am

three weeks later and still no answer. I wonder why?

Are you aware that the tabs are not redrawing, is it something you might want to look into and fix??????

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 10:25am

Hello,

WaaZ, please send sample project to support@codejock.com

Oleg, Support Team
WaaZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:48pm
I have included the source for a project that has this issue, I have now tried the same thing with 10.3.1 and its still hapeneing, others users muct see that this is still an issue, I am using usercontrols and inserting them into the tabs, should i be doing it another way, is there a better way to use the tab control. I though 10.3.1 woudl solve this issue but its still there and users think there is an issue with my program, if the user minimizes the window and then maximises it the window will dray properly of if the user moves a window over the form and then away so that the form redraws, its weird and looks like the cliping regions are all messed up
OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 6:37am
there's a tab control

When form loses focus, this occurs. Not only losing focus, doing click on rights docking pane i have the same problem. Its a random problem, can't find a sequence...

But i find something similar, hope this help. Open attatchment and click outside any control.

uploads/20070425_063728_Nueva_carpeta.zip

OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 6:47am
Note: with a picture box the problem is the same, but i't's more hard to reproduce. With other visual themes, too, but more ramdomly (Office 2003 fails a lot).
Important: with more of one tab, i can reproduce it only with the first one
OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 6:52am

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 6:53am
Hi,

Its not same. You have to put Page to tabControl.
Oleg, Support Team
OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 7:03am
Look at tabmanager's snapshot, playing with checkboxs problem appears
OscarM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2007 at 10:04am
TabManager sample, tab 'TabControl', ColorSet: office2003, change checkboxes LunaColors and OneNote Colors and repeat: ramdomly, all controls turns not visible (look prior snapshot).
It's not easy to reproduce, but i tested the bug with three different machines and your sample. This problem occurs ramdomly with tabcontrol without need of press any key or click anywhere. With office2007 colorset its more easy to reproduce.
Is there any problem attaching a picture to a tabcontrol by code?? My customers wants a solution before 2 years with this problem. Please, help
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 4:19am

Hi,

Can you please create new issue in issuetrack, I will send some test ocx files to check.I still can't reproduce, so I need your help.
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic