Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Application crashing saying chkesp.c erro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Application crashing saying chkesp.c erro
    Posted: 15 December 2005 at 11:56am

Hi,

File : i386\chkesp.c
Line : 42
The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

What does this error mean ?

my executable (developed using just codejock classes, no functionality from my side is attached.. just a sample one..) runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the client machine.. it crashes while loading.. by giving above error..

I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??

Thx.
Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 4:15am

Hi,

Such problem can appear if you use another version/compiller for ToolkitPro dll

Do you deliver Toolkit dll?

Be sure you copy dll from bin directory of compiller you use to make your application. (if you have some VC versions installed)

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Warren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2005 at 11:22am
Have you tried checking the DLLs you are using?

In my experience, if a program works fine on one box, and dies on another, DLLs are the first place I look.

Get dependecy walker:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/
and run this on your .exe (just drag/drop the .exe into the Dependency Walker) on BOTH the working box, and the client box where it dies. This will show you the DLLs loaded, and they are probably different.

If this is the problem, check which DLLs you will need to install, and/or use the vcredist program from Microsoft to update the client system with the problem.

Best of Luck...

Warren
jigarmehtamscit View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigarmehtamscit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2005 at 2:19pm
Hi,

Yes its solved now.. The problem as of now, I think was I was using debug exe and i had an activex control which was build using release build... I just made a release build of my application  (Which removed that pre-check for function stack..) and that solved the error.. still investigating why the error was coming..

Thx for your help..

Regards,
Jigar Mehta
Tsenoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tsenoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 8:31am
Hi!

I have the same error when I start my application. But it even doesn't work on my developer machine.

The thing is, I have my old application, and am trying to include CJ Xtreme CommandBars into it to freshen up my GUI.

I started working with evaluation version (10.3) for VC++ 6.0 and everything was fine. Now I've purchased CommandBars package and tried to build my application newly. It compiles without problems, but when I start it, I get the above mentioned error.

I am using "MFC in shared DLL" project settings. My IDE is VC++ 6.0 with SP6. My system is Windows XP Home SP2.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:35am
Hello,
Delete all old Debug files. Totally clean developemnt  folders.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Tsenoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tsenoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 6:22am
Thanks! It helped. I forgot to substitute evaluation Style DLL's with purchased ones.
ronaldsnoeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronaldsnoeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:38am
I am developing a Multi threaded c++ program. This program uses a dll.

"I also had the error message:
File : i386\chkesp.c
Line : 42
The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
a function pointer declared with a different calling convention."
I solved the problem by using the same "code Generation" for building the dll and the program that uses the dll.
The dll "Multi threaded DLL" and the program "Multi threaded"
Pablo Garcia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Garcia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 2:19pm
Hi,

I  developed a c++ program. It used to run perfectly using VC++5.0.
I changed my developer machine and also the compiler to VC++ 6.0. When I compile it now, I do not get any error but when I run the program (exe file)I get the above mentioned error.

My IDE is VC++ 6.0 with SP6. My system is Windows XP Home SP2.

What could be wrong?

Thanks!
Pablo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic