Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Force a Column to be Grouped?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I Force a Column to be Grouped?
    Posted: 12 December 2005 at 8:31pm

Is it possible to force a specific column to be grouped?  I can "suggest" that the column be grouped using the following code:

{

CXTPReportColumn *pColumn = m_wndReport.AddColumn(new CXTPReportColumn(0, _T("Test Column"), 50));

CXTPReportColumns *pColumns = m_wndReport.GetColumns();

CXTPReportColumnOrder *pColumnOrder = pColumns->GetGroupsOrder();

pColumnOrder->InsertAt(0, pColumn);

pColumn->SetVisible(FALSE);

}

But doing this only starts the control off with the grouping, it doesn't deny users from subsequently removing the grouping.  Can I turn off the ability to remove just this column from the grouping.  (i could turn it all off by hiding the GroupBy header, but I don't want to do that).

Thanks,

E

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 4:44pm
Hi Eric,

See ReportColumn methods Set(Is)Groupable, Set(Is)Sortable. They could probably help you.

Also, if you’re adding a custom column which is derived from standard CXTPReportColumn, you can set the internal member m_bAllowDrag to FALSE for this column. It will prevent it from being dragged from the Group By header. But note that it would also prevent it from being dragged from its place on the Report header.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic