Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Resources????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vbuser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Resources????
    Posted: 07 December 2005 at 9:05pm

Is there a way to show multiple-resources on the day view?

We need to show the daily schedule of a few people at once, is there a way to acomplish this? thanks

mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 11:29am
When I click on the link, all I end up with is this page again...I would like to know if I can add multiple resources as well,,, all I can add so far is 3 which seems to be the default number.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 2:12pm
mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 2:35pm

unfortunately the links posted as samples are no longer on the site, can you repost the correct links for downloading samples? I am a registered user and have not been able to get much documentation other than this forum.

mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 7:07pm
No, you can't do that with this control from what I was told, but it would be a nice feature if they added it.....as most businesses do need this.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 5:18am
Isn't the picture below show what you need? As you can see, there are 2 schedules shown for each day's scope:

mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:46am

Well, there is a commercial calendar out there for sale, and I won't mention the name of it as it's a competitor of yours allows for any number of names at the top of the schedule. So it can be Peter, John, Jane, Bob Mike etc for a "daily view" and the scroll bar allows the user to easily move to see all of the names. Weekly allows for the user to use a combo or data control so the user can pick any one name and then the shedule for that week appears. If this were implemented it would make the control stronger and easier to integrate to any application that requires multiple names. http://xtremeblue.com/index.4.jpg more like this screenshot.

The screenshot above is from a program I wrote using the normal MSHFlexgrid in VB6. It allows for a drag and drop, and any number of names of employees at the top. I was looking for an upgraded control with the office theme shown in your screenshot above for my next version of my software that would allow for more control by the user.

I was able at one point to get a 4th name into the top, by accident I guess, but the names then were all compressed and not easy to read. So there is some ability of this control to do this, but if it was not designed for this and has no horizontal scrollbar then that wouldn't work.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 5:20pm
You're just kidding... or do not understand how to use the control.
Below is the screenshot showing configuration similar to your one -- I've configured our sample to show it in this way in a few minutes:

mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:15pm

I can only see three names at the top, can you upload the sample code of what you have done. I also can't find the horizontal scroll bar , although it says it's there but there is no code for it under advanced options in the sample.

mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:31pm
I was told that there can be only three resources. By resources I mean 3 names that would be at the top of the calendar.

From the email I received regarding this:
Issue #12074
Unfortunately Calendar control has no horizontal scrolling.( if this is the case, why have it as a choice?)

Do you really need all 20 events to be visible at the same time?
(Yes, I need to be able to add any number of names to the top, ie resources, or rooms etc.)

My idea is to have the list with checkboxes on the right or left side of the calendar and allow user to easily check/uncheck visible resources.
See also: CalendarResourcesManager object and sample for it inside a regular VB6 Calendar Sample.
Another way is to place calendar control in some frame with scrollbar (or add scroll bar separately), set control size such big as needed and move control window by a scrollbar.

(I am anxious to see a sample of what you have done with the resources)
mindserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mindserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:15pm
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2007 at 3:45am
For configuring the above picture it is enough to open File / MultiSchedules Configuration dialog and setup it in a following way:

You can set any number of resources for the day.

However, horizontal scrolling is not available, as it was mentioned above. So far, if you'll have a very lot of resources, they will be simply quite narrow and not look good. Example below:

Khayyat71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khayyat71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 2:32pm

I'm facing the same problem (Horizontal Scrolling)..

Is there a way to fix it up?

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:39pm
Guys,

Horizontal scrolling has been added for the next version of the control (11.*)

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic