Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

handling docking pane resizing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinhster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: handling docking pane resizing
    Posted: 02 December 2005 at 11:30am
I've got a window that contains fixed-width text output.  I'm trying to duplicate X-Windows xterm behavior where if the user resizes the window, it will display the number of rows and columns in a popup window as well snap the window size to a grid of rows and columns so that there are no partial lines or characters.

This was easy to do prior to MFC/Xtreme but we've recently changed this window to a docking pane and I can't figure out how to intercept the WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE, WM_EXITSIZEMOVE, and WM_SIZE messages to accomplish this goal (I can't figure out which class to overload).

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 12:34pm

You can override your CEdit and catch WM_SIZE.

WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE/WM_EXITSIZEMOVE will not send.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
chinhster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinhster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 12:51pm
I should mention I was able to do what I wanted with a CMDIChildWnd, just not a docking pane.

> WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE/WM_EXITSIZEMOVE will not send.

I need WM_EXITSIZEMOVE to tell me when the user has finished resizing the window (to destroy the popup window that displays the number of rows and columns).  Is there any other way to get this?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 2:27pm

The problem with  WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE/WM_EXITSIZEMOVE for CMDIChildWnd that they not called if you maximaze child frame and will resize whole frame window. As rezult child frame will be resized also, but WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE/WM_EXITSIZEMOVE will not be generated....

Same problem with dockingpanes. At least 3 way how you can resize them - resize parent frame, resize splitter, float it and resize floating mini frame...

Actualy catch first and third not problem... Catch them in parent frame... 

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic