Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Notification of Events

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notification of Events
    Posted: 04 October 2005 at 3:32am
As I understand it, the calendar control does not send any notification of events when they happen (Doh!).

I obviously want to be able to pop up a dialog saying "Go to your meeting", or whatever, at the correct time. What is the recommended way of achieving this?

Is there a TellMeAboutEventsInTheNext5Minutes() function, or something similar available in the control?

This control looks perfect for what I want to do, but I need to be able find out when events are due quite easily.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 6:27am
Hi,

Actually, this feature is called "Reminders Manager" in our terms, and we are going to make it available with the next release of the Calendar control.

--
WBR,
Serge
rikh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:05am
Excellent, that's what I like to hear!

When is the next release planned? Are we talking the next RC, or the next full version?
ie, Do I need my own solution for the next couple of months until the release happens, or it is going to happen in the next couple of weeks or so?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 5:49am
Currently it's hard to say when the next version will be released. It's only a little time passed since 9.80 release...
rikh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rikh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 7:49am
OK, so it will be a while before that is available.

Is it possible to access the event start time data from the control in a useful way? By useful, I mean can I find out about events have not been dismissed and are due?

I am sure you can see what I am trying to get at. I want to write a program that will remind people of meetings etc, just like Outlook does. This control gives me the UI perfectly, but is it possible to access the information to provide the reminders, dismiss events etc etc.
Thanks.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2005 at 8:10am
The most easy and straightforward way would be to retieve all events for the current day, iterate and check every of them. If needed, you can also retrive next day events. This method is fast enough, so do not worry to call it multiple times.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic