Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No caption when the pane docks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No caption when the pane docks
    Posted: 20 September 2005 at 3:16pm

Do anyone know how to make a pane without caption when the pane is docked? I mean a pane without a caption at all, not hide the caption text since I have many panes and want to save the space when they are docked.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 7:09am

Hi,

Try

m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->m_bShowCaption = FALSE;

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DPDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 12:35pm

Thanks, the caption is not shown when I call

m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->m_bShowCaption = FALSE;

However, it does not help. I lose the ability to move/float the pane once docked. Do I miss anything here? The previous docking pane tool I have have the function to move/float when it is docked.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 1:03pm

You don't want caption but want to allow docking... How it must look?

also try:

m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->m_bDrawSingleTab = TRUE ;

to draw single tabs.

and may be

m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->GetTabPaintManager()-> ;SetPosition(xtpTabPositionTop);

to draw them at top.

Oleg, Support Team
DPDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 1:19pm

The old tool from Stingray enables to move the pane when I press left mouse down in any empty place in the pane and can drag the pane to anywhere. I do not have to drag the caption to move. And I can double click the pane to make it floating. A Word doc file with a image how it looks like is 2005-09-26_131559_DPDP.zip attached.

DPDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2005 at 1:09pm

I tried the following three calls, it is almost achieve my requirements except when I float a pane, it has a caption and a single tab which is unacceptable. Then I try to set m_bDrawSingleTab = FALSE by catching the floating action. Unfortunately this attribute seems to apply all panes globally. When setting it to be false, an existing single docked pane lost the tab, and lost the drag and floating abilities. Any further sugguestion will be much appreciated.

1.m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->m_bShowCaption = FALSE;

or SetOptions(xtpPaneNoCaption) when creating the pane.

2.m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->m_bDrawSingleTab = TRUE ;

3.m_paneManager.GetPaintManager()->GetTabPaintManager()-

>SetPositionxtpTabPositionTop);

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2005 at 2:08am

See little sample:

2005-09-30_020817_Sample.zip

Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic