Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manually adding an Event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manually adding an Event
    Posted: 24 August 2005 at 1:23pm

Hi,

I've noticed a particular behaviour I hope you are able to explain. I've tried to manually add a new event to the Event table and said even is not displayed by the Calendar control. It's as if the event does not exist.

Since my program already has appointment management capabilities there are times when I need to create a new event without using the Calendar control. These events are ignored by the calendar control.

Also, if I were to modify an existing Event within the Event table (without using the Calendar control) the record seems to go through some kind of conversion which causes the Calendar control to crash the program. This behavior continues until the offending record (again nothing visibly wrong with it) is deleted. Program then works fine.

Thanks.

Edited by RolandoE.
Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:28pm
Rolando,

Use CXTPCalendarData::CreateNewEvent(...) method to create new events.

That should solve your problem.

--
WBR,
Serge
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 4:45pm

Serge,

In experimenting with the Calendar capabilities I would manually make a copy of an existing event, modify some of its settings and update the Event table within the database. The manually added event record does not display in the Calendar!!

I am aware and do use the CreateNewEvent(...) method to create events. But with one SQL statement I could add, update or remove Event records. I would like to be able to do this without the need of using the Calendar methods.

Worse happens when I used to modify an existing Event. The calendar control crashes the program.

Is there anything I need to know to create, modify or delete event records within the Event table?

Thanks.

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic