Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Displaying Glyphs Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Displaying Glyphs Problem
    Posted: 22 August 2005 at 8:54am

Hi,

Just having dificulties displaying the event glyphs when specifying an event as a Meeting or Private. If I display the events for any day (using the CalendarDemo program) I see letters like A, B, E or B, E or A, C, E. I support those are the letters used to represent the Glyphs but the Font used is not the right one.

If this assumption is correct, which is the Font I should have installed in Windows? Better yet, can I specify a CImageList (CXTPCalendarPaintManager::m_ilGlyphs)? If so, what are the specs? This is not documented anywhere or at least anywhere I looked.

Thanks

Edited by RolandoE.
Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 9:53am

Forget it. Figured it out!!

Tried the CalendarDemo program on another computer and the Glyphs are displaying correctly. Apparently I am having a problem with the MS Outlook font on my development computer.

Thanks anyway!

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:03am
Rolando,

Actually, when you do not have MS Outlook font installed, it should work properly and display images from the embedded image list. It would be useful for us to reveal this problem. Could you please look on your first computer whether you have MS Outlook font installed at all? If yes, can you see any problem with it?

In any case, what is the configuration of your first computer? Win version? Outlook/Office version if exists? Visual Studio?

--
Thanks in advance,
Serge
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:31am

Hi,

Looked at the computer and following are the specs:

• Toshiba Satellite Laptop
  • Windows XP Professional
  • MS Office 2003 Enterprise
  • I do have MS Outlook font - tested it in Word 2003
  • Visual Studio 6.0 and VS 2003

The other computer is a Desktop compputer with similar software except I do not have VS installed on it. Office 2003 - Yes.

Hope this information helps.

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:53am

Serge,

Just found another situation maybe you can shed some light on this issue. Dusted off an older Laptop. No Office (No Outlook), no Visual Studio and running Windows 2000 Professional.

I copied the CalendarDemo program (VS6) over and had it create a database Data Provider and sample events. The database file is created but the control does not read in any of the events.

I tried to create an event. The program did not report any problems yet the new appointment was not displayed.

I transfered the created MDB file over to my development computer and opened it using MS Access 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1 but there are no tables found within! I would like to know what is the minimum database requirements for the Calendar control. I know it is Access but which ODBC driver version (if any is needed)?

I hope my clients do not need to run and purchase MS Access in order for this control to work!

Thanks.

Edited by RolandoE.
Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:02am
Rolando,

On your latest question - try installing any latest MDAC package, and that should be enough.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/downloads/default.aspx

--
WBR,
Serge
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 11:36am

Serge,

Thanks. Got it to work!

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:25am
Rolando,

Regarding glyphs problem - we've added a fix for that. Let's look there again with the next version of the library.

Also, just in case, let me ask couple more questions. Do you use any customization software which adds specific effects to standard system user interface? Also, what is your system Icon font on the computer with the problem?

--
WBR,
Serge
RolandoE. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RolandoE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 9:51am

Hi Serge,

Originally posted by sserge sserge wrote:

Rolando,
... Do you use any customization software which adds specific effects to standard system user interface? Also, what is your system Icon font on the computer with the problem?

I do not use any customization software, I think it just consumes a lot of system resources and slows down the computer. As for the Icon fonts, all three computers (2 laptops and 1 desktop) are using TAHOMA, 8 (Black).

Why not just use the images supplied in the image list?

Rolando E. Cruz-Marshall
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 10:07am
Quote Why not just use the images supplied in the image list?

Just images is not enough. Quite often peoples are using some special effects for system fonts. For example, laptop users usually enable ClearType fonts correction. Drawing simple images for glyphs in this case looks ugly. That's why MS Outlook font is used there.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic