Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bug of TabControl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bug of TabControl
    Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:43am

when tabcontrol host another form as child, the child form can't use up/down arrow key any more, even the left/right arrow key can't use

it's very very terrible.

darren.cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren.cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 11:30pm
Has this problem been resolved?

I have a similar problem: I embed a form with report control within a tab of tabControl... then the report control exhibits weird behaviours:

1. the report control does not scroll past the selected item. For ex, if row 5 out of 10000 rows are selected, the row does not scroll down anymore when that row 5 reaches the top of the report control's view.

2. the report control causes cpu spikes. When the tab with the form containing report control is chosen, cpu spikes to from ~40% to 90% utilization depending on the number of rows.

Any advice where to look? Is this a known problem?

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren.cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:15pm
please isregard this question. It turns out to be a bug in my own software (I linked the filter operation to commandbars update routine, causing the report to be repopulated for every periodic polling of commandbar status)

Originally posted by darren.cho darren.cho wrote:

Has this problem been resolved?

I have a similar problem: I embed a form with report control within a tab of tabControl... then the report control exhibits weird behaviours:

1. the report control does not scroll past the selected item. For ex, if row 5 out of 10000 rows are selected, the row does not scroll down anymore when that row 5 reaches the top of the report control's view.

2. the report control causes cpu spikes. When the tab with the form containing report control is chosen, cpu spikes to from ~40% to 90% utilization depending on the number of rows.

Any advice where to look? Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 3:10am

We recommend instead using external form with reportcontrol,

to put reportcontrol on the same form and use it as child page:

wndTabControl.Insert(...,wndReport.hWnd)

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren.cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:49am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

We recommend instead using external form with reportcontrol,

to put reportcontrol on the same form and use it as child page:

wndTabControl.Insert(...,wndReport.hWnd)

I noticed that this has been recommended to several other people to. Could you briefly explain the reasoning behind this?

My report form within the tabcontrol works fine as implemented as outside child -- after I fixed the bug described above. I wonder if there's any other reason that I should be concerned about enough to move this external child report to the main tab control form.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic