Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Codejock ToolkitPro and SuitePro v24.0.0 (Beta 1)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Codejock ToolkitPro and SuitePro v24.0.0 (Beta 1)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Codejock ToolkitPro and SuitePro v24.0.0 (Beta 1)
    Posted: 06 May 2024 at 7:51am
Codejock ToolkitPro and SuitePro v24.0.0 (Beta 1) released!

It's been a long-awaited update, and finally, it's here with a host of exciting new features and long requested fixes! This release is particularly special as it introduces two outstanding features that the Codejock community has been anticipating for many years: complete SVG support and the new Gauge control! Alongside these two fantastic additions are numerous other enhancements and improvements.

Full SVG support

Complete SVG support has finally been added to both ToolkitPro and SuitePro. Yes, that means our users can now enjoy scalable and easy-to-manage SVG icons in CommandBars, Ribbon, and other controls. Additionally, SVG images can be previewed in the Preview control, used in Markup, image managers, and loaded and drawn using a dedicated CXTPSvgImage class (ToolkitPro only). 

The new Gauge control

We're opening a new chapter in Codejock's history by introducing a framework for creating and using professional gauges to express complex measurements in simple, attractive, and highly customizable forms. Built entirely in Markup and JavaScript, the Gauge control allows for the creation and extension of multi-dimensional gauges where almost every visual element can be configured or animated to meet the most demanding business needs. The initial implementation allows for analogue meter gauges of up to five dimensions, a digital screen of up to five dimensions, and a state-reflecting gauge for an unlimited number of states. You can find the main FAQ article on it here: Link to the FAQ

Windows 11 theme

Make your application look modern and consistent on all supported OS versions using the new Windows 11 theme, available in Light and Dark color schemes.

And More... 
Many other smaller yet important additions and fixes have been included, including significant improvements to time-consuming data and image processing algorithms by enabling parallel computations, extended COM/OLE initialization for MFC apps, new WebView2 initialization properties for the WebBrowser control, markup support for ComboBox, a large number of Markup fixes and improvements, especially those related to Markup stability, performance, and scripting, SVG primitives that replace dependency on Codejock.ttf, a number of reworked samples, and much more. 

We'll be happy to hear all feedback from you about this release and we're grateful in advance for sharing your thoughts with us. Please refer to our release notes for this version on our website https://codejock.com/products/releasenotes/release_notes.asp 
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2024 at 4:50am
Cool, thanks. 

1) I can't seem to be able to run any samples in 64 bit configuration though, it complains that the manifest is incorrect (I only build x64+Unicode).

I see that "...\Samples\Common\res\app.manifest" processorArchitecture is set to x86:

<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"></assemblyIdentity>

Changing processorArchitecture="x86" to processorArchitecture="*" seems to do the trick.

2) Regarding the Guage, I could not make the sample run, it crashes immediately at startup loading the gauge. It crashes on line 800 in XTGaugeBaseType: vtInput and vtShutdown is empty for me.

if (NULL != vtInput.pdispVal)
{
m_pDispInput = vtInput.pdispVal;
m_pDispInput->AddRef();
}

if (NULL != vtShutdown.pdispVal)
{
m_pDispShutdown = vtShutdown.pdispVal;
m_pDispShutdown->AddRef();
}

3) Found the link to gauge here - the one in the post was broken: 
Gauge Control (codejock.com)

Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
DavidH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2024 at 7:05am
XAML with MatrixTransform still doesn't work. Look here for a fix I applied on an earlier release:
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2024 at 3:50am
FlatEdit (Appearance = NativeWindows11) in Windows 11 environment still does not have the same theme as the TextBox native control

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 20.1.0 (unicode)

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 1:56am
Another comment:

I have a grid control with markup enabled with custom group captions. Moving the mouse over the group caption now gives an assert, complaining that pElement is NULL. 

BOOL AFX_CDECL XTPMarkupRelayMessage(CXTPMarkupUIElement* pElement, UINT message, WPARAM wParam,
LPARAM lParam, LRESULT* pResult)
{
_ASSERTE(NULL != pElement);

I add items like this to avoid the text "Group :" being prepended to the group name:

const std::vector<std::wstring> strGroups = {L"Very Good", L"Good", L"Poor"};
AddItem(new CXTPGridRecordItemText(strGroups[0].c_str()))->SetGroupCaption(strGroups[0].c_str());

If I change the caption to "<TextBlock>Caption</TextBlock>" the assert goes away, but that causes my custom sorting to break (which of course can be fixed - but won't do anything until proper release), 

I then also have an exception thrown when shutting down my application in CXTPSkinManager::CbtFilterHook, where it calls pSkinManager->SetHook(hWnd, szClassName, lpcs, TRUE); This comes from the destructor of CXTPCommandBar where it calls XTPHookManager()->RemoveAll(this); Need to check more why this happens. 

matsjansson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matsjansson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 8:16am
At the end it says:
"We'll be happy to hear all feedback from you about this release and we're grateful in advance for sharing your thoughts with us"

What is the best way to supply this feedback?
Eg I have been using a function/feature in 22.1 that does not exist anymore. The function is 
CXTPCalendarUtils::SetUseResourceFileLocale(TRUE);

And I have reported a bug earlier that is said to be fixed, but it is not in beta 1. 

So what way is the best to give feedback and ask questions like these?

Best regards 
Mats
fleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 8:41am
Hi,
Are the sample application available somewhere for version 24 Beta (without need to build them)?
download section only provides for stable version 22.1 (which makes sens)
and account download only shows the installer and help, but no sample, as usual.
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2024 at 5:35pm
Another thing:

Previously (in v22) I have been able to open context menu using 

CXTPCommandBars::TrackPopupMenu(&oMenu, TPM_LEFTALIGN | TPM_RIGHTBUTTON, point.x, point.y, this);

This crashes in 24 beta 1 due to GetPaintManager returns nullptr in the call to CXTPPopupBar::UpdateLocation.

if (GetCommandBars()->GetPaintManager()->IsPopupRoundedCorners(pt))

Don't know whether my approach is correct way to display a context menu, but I have 50+ context menus that crashes with the 24 beta 1 version.

(I assume it's best/easiest to report findings here? I don't mind if this complete thread is deleted once the released version is out)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic